Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here... getting back into biking after a LONG hiatus.

I used to ride a lot about 10 years ago, back then I just used regular lycra shorts, no padding, nothing... which seemed fine at the time.. now shorts have all kinds of different materials and I have extra money :)

I am 5'7, approx 175lbs, muscular, in shape... I was looking for a opinions based on a couple issues... I have good size legs and typically have a hard time finding jeans that fit my waist and legs, looking for opinions on what shorts/bibs may fit me best? Also, my inseam is 29" and the one pair of shorts I have tried on came to the top of my kneecap.

Does anyone wear shorts that go to mid thigh? that seems much more comfortable to me, but im concerned it would look a little weird.

So basically looking for best fit for someone my size and best inseam fit?

thanks

·
Registered
609 Posts
AndrewM said:
First post here... getting back into biking after a LONG hiatus.

I used to ride a lot about 10 years ago, back then I just used regular lycra shorts, no padding, nothing... which seemed fine at the time.. now shorts have all kinds of different materials and I have extra money :)

I am 5'7, approx 175lbs, muscular, in shape... I was looking for a opinions based on a couple issues... I have good size legs and typically have a hard time finding jeans that fit my waist and legs, looking for opinions on what shorts/bibs may fit me best? Also, my inseam is 29" and the one pair of shorts I have tried on came to the top of my kneecap.

Does anyone wear shorts that go to mid thigh? that seems much more comfortable to me, but im concerned it would look a little weird.

So basically looking for best fit for someone my size and best inseam fit?

thanks
Sportful Tour shorts and some Santini shorts.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I have a couple pair of Santini, and they are pretty short. I just got '08 Team Liquigas shorts and shirt and the shorts are about 2" above my Pearl Izumi tan line (I have a 32" inseam). Also the spanish Inverse brand is very short (if you can find them) as are Etxeondo.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
get bibs for sure. for the price i like castelli. if you can fit into mediums then they wont be as long down the leg. cost no object i like assos and totl louis garneau; others i like but not as much: pearl izumi and sugoi. if you are willing to wear advertising you can get some nice csc/craft bibs at competitivecyclist.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.