Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
19,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really a bicycle, but sort of, I guess. It's a human powered two-wheeler, anyway :). I'm fixing this up for my daughter. It's been in my family for years (my mother got it in the 1940s) and it's been well used. I'd like to find some tires. ideally. The originals, and I still have one, were sealed 12 x 2.00 Firestones that are no longer made. The wheel does not look like it's designed for a tire with a bead, but it might work, might not. I've found a tire and tube the right size, but I was looking for opinions as to whether a beaded tire would work or not. Barring that, I can replace the entire wheel (which my dad did when I was a kid as you can see), but those seem to be solid tires - it would be nice to have pneumatic. Even nicer to have the original wheels. I might have to settle, but I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas I might not of thought of yet.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I just wanted to say, thanks for posting this irregardless of it's complete relevency to cycling. it's a fresh post and neat to see stuff like that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts