Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope you guys can help. I've been mountain biking for years now and I'm looking to get into some more distance rides.

Looking at a 2008 sequoia for 770 and I found this on craigslist for 750, a 2006 sequioa comp.

I have really dont have any experience in bike maint, other than the basics on mine. What should I be looking for if I go check out the bike to make sure everything is in working order?

Is it a good price?

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/bik/728342983.html

·
Registered
237 Posts
I would think so.

One half the original cost for a moderately used two year old road bike is more than fair. This is assuming the bike is in good condition both mechanically and cosmetically. You're doing the wise thing, for a first time road bike buyer. You would be getting excellent value for your money. Hopefully road biking will work out for you, but if it doesn't, you should be able to recoup most if not all of your money on a resale.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Road test it, take it for a spin, make sure it shifts correclty, check the cogs for wear. Check to make sure the wheels are true (spin them see if they wobble, see if they move up and down. Check the spokes for tension, should all have the same sound to them. Eye ball the frame, make sure no dings, cracks etc.

Make sure that you are comfortable on it, and most important make sure you like the paint color on the bike and that you feel it is a good looking bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.