Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I was hoping to get some help finding some type of device to put on under the back tire of my roadbike so that I can use it indoors. I've seen these before in bike shops and also think that with spring here, this type of equipment would be on sale.

Could I get a few pointers for buying a durable and quiet model and a link where to get one at a good price.

I'd like to ride on it for about an hour a day if I could actually make develop the habit

·
Cycling Boob
844 Posts
it's called a trainer. Search around the forums. a lot of people have posted about it. Generally, they say fluid is better than magnetic. I for one don't know why.

·
Registered
841 Posts
There's been a fair bit of discussion of trainers on the board and it shouldn't be hard to search it out. Also, the Reviews section on this site has many, many trainer reviews.

I have a cycle-ops trainer and it's just fine, although I'm much more likely to ride my rollers when I'm training indoors.

Brands folks seem to like include cycle-ops, kurt kinetic, and 1-up, among others, and tacx and minoura make some economy models. Your lbs might have a sale this time of year--you can also check the usual suspects for mail order options.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome

That clears up everything! "Trainer" Air, Fluid and roller models.

Thank you

Also thanks for any links to sales

1 - 5 of 5 Posts