Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,006 Posts
A friend at a local shop just told me about that bike, called the Paddy Wagon. Deddacciai steel frame, flipflop hub, two brakes. He didn't know the price for sure, but was told it would be about $650. Pretty dang sweet.

· Registered
86 Posts
This is the one...

This bike makes me want a fixed gear. I understand the gains from training on a SS for mountain biking, but what are the benefits to riding fixed. (Other than the coolness factor of course!) Just trying to justify it to myself and my training needs. Thanks for the help.

Ken

· What'd I do?
1,777 Posts
konaken said:
This bike makes me want a fixed gear. I understand the gains from training on a SS for mountain biking, but what are the benefits to riding fixed. (Other than the coolness factor of course!) Just trying to justify it to myself and my training needs. Thanks for the help.

Ken
Because it's more fun.

· Registered
1,006 Posts
konaken said:
what are the benefits to riding fixed. Just trying to justify it to myself and my training needs.
Historically, fixed gear bikes have been used for winter training when riders are forced to do shorter rides in inclement weather, or to ride indoors on tracks. They help to develop leg speed, endurance, and strength. Personally, I found that riding fixed did wonders for both my mountain biking and road cycling fitness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.