Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· your text here
13,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
8,252 Posts
Certain Specialized TT bikes have the electronic shifting system...check velo news web site to see (though they are not actually a Specialized frame).

The one in question is a cable shifted bike...you can see the shifters on the bar ends. The cables on the bottom go to the brake and rear dérailleur, and yes they do seem to be a bit long and hanging out in the wind. The only guess I have is that area of the bike doesn't see much wind or it's so turbulent by that point that it's not going to matter much if there is an excessive amount of cable hanging there.

· What offseason?
534 Posts
weltyed said:
Did anyone else notice the large, looping cable under the BB of some Specialized TT bikes? Anyone know what that is? It looked like a der. cable, but slightly different. I thought it was odd to have a cable so much in the air on a TT rig.

Here is the best picture I can find:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2008/tour08/index.php?id=/photos/2008/tour08/tour084/IMG_8348

I didnt see it on Schumacker's. It wouldnt be an electric system, would it?
It's not electric - the real* Specialized TT bikes that Quick Step runs have the rear brake positioned on the bottom bracket - it looks like the mechanics were just a bit generous with the housing.

* Gerolsteiner was riding the electric shifting system - at least a few riders were, but Gerolsteiner isn't really riding Specialized TT bikes... they are custom built Walser's rebadged with Specialized logos. Schumacher wasn't riding electric and their bikes have the rear brake in the normal spot on the seatpost/seatstays.

· Not Banned
49,249 Posts
most of Gerolsteiner

appeared to be riding Walsers rebadged as Specialized as gray8110 notes

Specialized Bikes have aero rear brake placement

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.