Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of Carnk Bros Quattro pedals on my commuter bike that probably don't even have 1000 miles on them yet. For some reason, my left foot feels like it is slopping around on the pedal almost as if the cleat isn't tight on the shoe. I have checked the cleat and it is tight, aligned, and has not moved. What's more odd, is it happens on two different pair of shoes!

Oddly, I have a pair of Quattros on my carbon bike (the 4Ti version) that I feel no slop at all on either pair of shoes. Is there somethings about the Quattros that would make them feel this way? I have tried rotating the egg-beater portion through all 4 positions, but that doesn't really seem to change anything.

It's really annoying at low cadences, such as climbing hills when I'm really concentrating on a full pedal stroke.

Any ideas?

·
More cowbell!
2,729 Posts
I have a pair of eggbeaters where the spring has loosened up a bit over time so that the rotating bar can wiggle a bit. If your quattros did the same thing it could explain the feeling you're getting.

I'd contact CB if that were the case.

·
Big is relative
11,901 Posts
I've been using CB pedals for years. The pedal on the side where I unclip at stops gets loose before the other side. You could try a rebuild kit to tighten everything up. A kit runs around $15-20 and takes around twenty minutes. CB will probably send you a free kit if you send them an email. Best customer service ever.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.