Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building up a Bianchi 928 Lugged Carbon, and I am looking to save some weight from the bike. The Frame and Fork are not ultralight, but they are rather light coming in at 3.35lbs for a size 57, with seatpost collar and barrel adjusters....anyway, I am using a full DA kit for the drivetrain, but the rest of the parts need some work...

Hbars- Deda Magic
Stem- Deda Magic
Seatpost- Bianchi Scandium
Wheels- K elites

Now, the wheels are going to go immediately, because as great as I think the elites are, I will not put them on this bike...I was thinking of doing a build with White Hubs, Sapim spokes and I really dont know what rim..The shop where I am building it says to go with open pros, but I am thinking about going with something lighter...any suggestions?

Also, I am looking to save weight from the cockpit...I have an FSA 115 stem laying around that i put on the scale at 132grams...I am probably going to use that if it fits...What about the Handlebars? I am not looking to go crazy expensive, but the Deda Bars come in at 296grams...also, the seatpost is 31.4mm...so I dont know what to do about that.....

Any suggestions?

· Registered
2,771 Posts
ambrosio crono rims are nice and light.
I've seen them come out of a few crashes fine as well.
just no curb hopping

recommend the Zipp bars. Might find a deal on e-bay but they are super comfortable
perhaps the thompson stem. I'd pay the extra weight for its stregnth

· Banned
1,844 Posts
couldnt tell you offhand.....

I used to run two trek y-foils- one had a deda 215, the other a ttt 199. I thought the 199 was stiffer. When I sold those two bikes, the deda went, I kept the 199's which I had ridden almost exclusively for 2 seasons. Never had a complaint about their stiffness- I dont do a lot of sprinting, but there's a lot of climbing and much of it involves short, steep inclines w/ breaks in between, which means I was out of the saddle and the bars were getting a workout. No complaints. On my current bike I have the salsa poco, which has to come off soon because the flex is just ridiculous (and they're over 20g heavier).

· Registered
51 Posts
F99

I love my Syntace F99. No flex, easy to set up, and increadible finish. I have done a bit of lightening on my Cannondale and will hopefully complete my tuning in the Spring (after buying a new mountain bike). I am hoping to nab a pair of 3T 199 to round out the project. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.