Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Does it matter?
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recorded Wed. episode and it cut off when the big guy Hurley was on the Cliff taliking to the blonde woman..........

I searched around the 'net and I didn't see a mention of him taking a swan dive, but what happened?

Thanks.....

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Mersault said:
I recorded Wed. episode and it cut off when the big guy Hurley was on the Cliff taliking to the blonde woman..........

I searched around the 'net and I didn't see a mention of him taking a swan dive, but what happened?

Thanks.....
He jumped. He's off the show. Took the girl with him too. She's gone as well.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Mersault said:
so what happened?
It was boring. She talked Hurley into believing she wasn't an hallucination, and he listened to her, didn't jump. Then they cut to a flashback.

Back in the mental institution. Hurley is posing, empty armed, without imaginary friend Dave, for the doctor's camera. The camera pans right. A nurse is attending to another patient in the mess hall, asking a young girl with dishelved hair covering her face to take her medication. The girl tilts her head back, throws back a pill and with a daze, kinda smirks.

It's the girl on the island, but institutionalized, just like Hurley. Same place. Same time.

Damn eery.

·
Does it matter?
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the update, I appreciate it.

It seems "lost" runs late on time. Maybe I need to set the VCR a couple of minutes extra at the end.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
the show it getting kind of slow don't you think

and wtf happened to that black cloud that used to zip around the island.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
lousylegs said:
the show it getting kind of slow don't you think

and wtf happened to that black cloud that used to zip around the island.
As soon as they introduce...

1. Aliens,
2. Mystical forces,
3. Anything from Twin Peaks season two

I'm gone.

I got hooked into this mishegas recently. we spent a full weekend watching the first season on widescreen DVD. That was cool. Now, I'm just resenting all the ads, the slow pacing, the misleading previews for the following week's episode, yet I want to see it wrap.

·
Does it matter?
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The show has a lot going on and many sub-plots to go back and forth on, so I think slow is the way to go

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Mersault said:
The show has a lot going on and many sub-plots to go back and forth on, so I think slow is the way to go
the trouble that I see with it is that the subplots, etc are fine, and actually add to the show, it is just that, the central thread of the story seems to be unraveling a little,

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Wrap? Isn't Abrams writing this thing?

Finishing doesn't seem to be his strong suit. Great at getting you to tune in again though. The genius sure knows how to pay a light bill.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Perhaps you are, but how would I know

lousylegs said:
um, am I missing something?
Its your brain, not mine. Tell me what you think you're missing and I'll tell you if you are correct.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Kristin said:
Its your brain, not mine. Tell me what you think you're missing and I'll tell you if you are correct.
What does this mean? Great at getting you to tune in again though. The genius sure knows how to pay a light bill.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Kristin said:
Finishing doesn't seem to be his strong suit. Great at getting you to tune in again though. The genius sure knows how to pay a light bill.
From ABC's site:
Lost was created by Jeffrey Lieber and J.J. Abrams & Damon Lindelof. Abrams, Lindelof, Bryan Burk, Jack Bender and Carlton Cuse serve as executive producers. Lost, which is filmed entirely on location in Hawaii, is from Touchstone Television.

According to IMDB, J.J.Abrams various credits include:
Lost
Alias (wrote 13 episodes)
Armageddon
Regarding Henry
Gone Fishin
Forever Young
Mission Impossible 3 (described as the most expensive file EVER made)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
JJ Abrams drags out his shows

lousylegs said:
What does this mean? Great at getting you to tune in again though. The genius sure knows how to pay a light bill.
The scripts entice you to watch again, thinking there is an answer just around the corner. All it leads to is more questions, more sub-plots. I'm losing attention. Eventually I'll get tired and move on. I suspect he's already moved on though. Not putting much effort into the script...turning it over to his staff.

Alias season 1 was great
Season 2 was getting to be silly and far fetched. Character develoment stopped.
Season 3 - I doubt he reviewed even one script. He was developing Lost by then.

He is a good show creator, but he doesn't see it through.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Kristin said:
The scripts entice you to watch again, thinking there is an answer just around the corner. All it leads to is more questions, more sub-plots. I'm losing attention. Eventually I'll get tired and move on. I suspect he's already moved on though. Not putting much effort into the script...turning it over to his staff.

Alias season 1 was great
Season 2 was getting to be silly and far fetched. Character develoment stopped.
Season 3 - I doubt he reviewed even one script. He was developing Lost by then.

He is a good show creator, but he doesn't see it through.
That's what I'm starting to see as well. I never watched Alias - not a TV guy. But having gone through the Lost first season DVD in a couple of sittings, the pacing was great, and each episode segued nicely into the following, with logical progressions, and enough continuity to feel fluid. I gather that watching episode by episode, with commercials interupting the flow makes the experience very different, but I'm having real trouble staying engaged and taking the story seriously. I now watch because I feel obliged to. I resent that.

I'll give it a few more viewings, and if significant resolutions aren't mixed in with the new questions, I'll wait until the season 2 DVD set is available to rent.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,415 Posts
It needs to stick around for at least 7 more years, so that the people there will show that they need a haircut.
Ps. My kind of show. It's 60 of the 90 minutes of TV that I watch every week.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts