Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if I've missed the discussion in another thread.

Following the giro as well as I can in the text tickers, and it seems like there are more bike changes happening this year than I'm accustomed to seeing. Is it just my imagination?

If it really is more frequent, anyone know what's up? Is e-gearing being finicky? I saw the fork snap in stage 1, but haven't heard of other frame problems. Is it the lawyer tab rule making front flats easier to just swap the whole bike?

If it is real, I suspect the sponsors won't be interested in us hearing causes, so unless it affects a race outcome, may not be heard.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
From watching the live coverage there have also been a LOT of gear problems. Yesterday in the Giro, you could blame the steep climb which meant riders were on bastardized compacts, e.g. 30-something small ring and 53 big ring, that's going to cause problems.

But even in the regular stages, Wiggo for example, Nibali, and who knows how many others have been having problems away from the cameras. It sure seems like a big up-tick to me.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I'm wondering what Jackson Rodrequez's thoughts are on his swap the other day. Stuck in the small chain ring.
Slow swap and they had to adjust the seat height while moving, I would have thought that the rides were set to go.

·
fu
2,424 Posts
I'm wondering what Jackson Rodrequez's thoughts are on his swap the other day. Stuck in the small chain ring.
Slow swap and they had to adjust the seat height while moving, I would have thought that the rides were set to go.
WTF was up with that? The spare bike should have been set-up exactly the same way as his primary one ahead of time. What a waste of time that was.

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
WTF was up with that? The spare bike should have been set-up exactly the same way as his primary one ahead of time. What a waste of time that was.
I think he got the wrong bike off the car.
however, Wiggins did not have a compact on the spare bike in giro del trentino when he had to swap bikes. so overgeared on the last climb. So much for the preparedness and care for detail on sky.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.