Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or will there be a huge exodus of teams this year? I thought I heard at one time or another that Gerolsteiner, Milram, CSC are all in their last year. Will S. Duval be added to that? Is that the whole list (FD jeux?)? It seems like a much greater than average teams leaving.
Who's the grand pappy in the peloton right now...Lotto? Maybe Team Z is ready for a comeback.

· Registered
166 Posts
This was probably mentioned in the past in the many, many threads covering potential US sponsors for cycling teams, but I was just thinking that Whole Foods would be a great sponsor for a team. It's a great way to break into the European market.

· Registered
58 Posts
bigmig19 said:
Is it just me or will there be a huge exodus of teams this year? I thought I heard at one time or another that Gerolsteiner, Milram, CSC are all in their last year. Will S. Duval be added to that? Is that the whole list (FD jeux?)? It seems like a much greater than average teams leaving.
Who's the grand pappy in the peloton right now...Lotto? Maybe Team Z is ready for a comeback.
Team CSC, ot rather team CSC Saxobank has allready found a new sponser. So next year it will just be team Saxobank. Allegedly Saxobank will pay the team just as well as CSC did, if not more.

--
Regards

· Registered
12,083 Posts
bigmig19 said:
That corresponds to something like 5-6 years with the same sponsor for the top 20 teams.
not too outrageous to me.

· Misplaced priorities?
354 Posts
bigmig19 said:
Lotto has been around in one form or another with different co-sponsors since '84. They merged with Domo-Farm Frites in '02.

Rabobank has been around since '96. Cofidis has been around for quite awhile ('97 or '98), as has Credit Agricole ('97).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.