europcar

Louis Garneau is proud to announce the clothing and helmet sponsorship of the UCI Continental Pro Team, Euro car Professional Cycling Team. The two-year deal will set a landmark in Louis Garneau history as the first time both helmets and clothing will appear on a team in the Pro Tour.

"For years, Louis Garneau has been producing some of the most technical gear on the market. This sponsorship will strengthen our credibility as we test and prove our apparel and helmets through the collaboration of the world's best athletes," remarks International Marketing Director, Pierre Perron.

The team will be led by French National Road Race Champion, Thomas Voeckler, who is known for his climbing abilities and held the Leader jersey for Mountains Classification through five stages of the 2008 Tour de France. Most recently, Voeckler placed 1st at the inaugural Grand Prix de Québec.

Also riding for Europcar is 7X Canadian National Champion, David Veilleux. Veilleux even won the 2010 USA Cycling National Professional Criterium Championship though he could not hold the title. Louis Garneau has had the opportunity to work with Veilleux throughout the milestones in his racing career. First as part of the Canadian Cycling Association of which Garneau has been a long-time sponsor. Garneau also helped implement his transition to the US Pro Racing circuit with his joining the roster of Jittery Joe's Professional Cycling Team in 2007. His addition to the roster of a UCI Pro Continental team will be another step in Veilleux's career. "I'm pleased to join a world-class team since this will help in my development. Also, knowing that I'm going to ride Garneau helmets and apparel gives me confidence. That gear are some of the most technological on the market. My sponsorship with Garneau started when I first entered sports when I was around 15. It's like going back home, and I will be very glad to tell them about my experience in order to help them keep developing amazing products," says Veilleux.

"Our relationship with Louis Garneau and the past helmet sponsorship of the Bouygues Telecom Professional Cycling Team from 2005-2008 has always been a positive factor in the history of our team. This year, we strengthen our relationship and bring Louis Garneau helmets and apparel to the team. Louis Garneau is one of the few manufacturers outfitting teams with helmets and apparel, and also one of the few manufacturers producing helmets and apparel at that caliber of technology. When presented with one of the fastest TT helmets and one of the lightest road helmets, we immediately knew it was good to be back with Garneau," remarks Jean-Rene Bernaudeau, manager since 2000.

The team will debut their season at the Tour of Gabon on January 25th, 2011.