Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big fan of the Neo Power Bib and have been buying and wearing them for years, (not the same pair). I tried the Louis Garneau Equipe Bib Shorts and was shocked that the same size I wear I couldn't even get on. I called Garneau and they said the Equipe bib in medium should fit exactly the same as the medium Neo Power bib I wear.

Anyone experience this sizing issue?

Thanks,

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been wearing the Fit Sensors for years. Got two pair of Equipe's this spring. Tried one on after they arrived and I was in a permanent Time Trial position. WTF? Most of the web sites do recommend sizing up but for the Equipe but I didn't heed the warning. Returned and got the XL's. Now happy. :) BTW; 5'10" and 175#

·
Registered
56 Posts
Are you talking inseam length being too small (short) or the actual short itself? I know the Neo Power (which I just got a pair of) is meant to fit snugly for compression. It also uses a substantially longer inseam for a "European fit" (or maybe it's Pro Fit...) which is great for a tall lanky person such as myself. I wear a medium in everything pretty much except the Neo Power which I wear a small.

I don't think that they're supposed to fit the same since the whole marketing point behind the Neo Power is added compression.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I snapped up a pair of LG Lazer Elites just the other day. I was so pumped because I got a crazy deal on their top of the line bibs. I'm a six foot, 220 pound dude, no gut, who until now wore Castelli Endurance bibs in XL. I got the LG's and I could barely get them on! I went back and checked the sizing charts and apparently they are sized the same, or even larger in the hips (where it's tightest) than the LG's...I don't know what to do. The straps and top feel great! Nothing pulls, even the leg gripers are ok, but the short portion is tight as F..... LG's website does say the lazers were designed for "extreme compression"...but I could swear that mine as so tight that black lycra stretches to show white fibers.... the sizing chart is spot on...I'm torn as to what to do with these...

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Inseam isn't the issue these are 11" inseam bibs. Straps aren't the issue, they're nice and comfy and generous up top. The shorts themselves require me to literally pull each leg into place and then carefully pull portions of the waist into place. Is this "exteme compression". There's only one sizing chart for LG bibs so I presume they want a 36-37 waist guy to wear the same size regardless of model...

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have had my LG Equipe bibs for a few months and like them a lot so far.
I also have the Craft Elite Body Control, Sugoi RS and RSE, Voler, P.I.
for my 6'1" 175pnds size large the Craft and LG fit the best and I also like the shape and feel of the pads so far.
The Sugoi are also VERY good but for me the shape or something of the pad is not quite as good.
I want to try upper end LG or Giordana also.
I ride all year round. 30-120 miles or so a day.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Funny, the same thing happened to me. Bought the LG Pro Power bib (Performance exclusive version) and it fit great in size XL. Went to another store and tried to put on a pair of regular Equipe shorts size XL and couldn't even get them on.

·
Registered
335 Posts
The equipe fits about a half size smaller than their other bibs for that tight race fit. I love the neo power bibs though as I think they are the best bang for the buck although some people do not like the compression fit.

A few years ago the equipe was their team race kit and I think the sizing has not changed even though they now promote other styles as their race kit. Same story for their equipe jerseys by the way.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I snapped up a pair of LG Lazer Elites just the other day. I was so pumped because I got a crazy deal on their top of the line bibs. I'm a six foot, 220 pound dude, no gut, who until now wore Castelli Endurance bibs in XL. I got the LG's and I could barely get them on! I went back and checked the sizing charts and apparently they are sized the same, or even larger in the hips (where it's tightest) than the LG's...I don't know what to do. The straps and top feel great! Nothing pulls, even the leg gripers are ok, but the short portion is tight as F..... LG's website does say the lazers were designed for "extreme compression"...but I could swear that mine as so tight that black lycra stretches to show white fibers.... the sizing chart is spot on...I'm torn as to what to do with these...
Yes that is the extreme compression you are experiencing. They should relax a bit after you have them on for awhile. Have you ridden with them yet? The Neo Power also has a compression fit and can take some time to feel less like a girdle and more like a bike short, however once it does they are the most comfortable bibs I own.

I would at least sit on a bike with them as they state they are "preformed for motion" and maybe that will help you make a decision.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Yes that is the extreme compression you are experiencing. They should relax a bit after you have them on for awhile. Have you ridden with them yet? The Neo Power also has a compression fit and can take some time to feel less like a girdle and more like a bike short, however once it does they are the most comfortable bibs I own.

I would at least sit on a bike with them as they state they are "preformed for motion" and maybe that will help you make a decision.
I have not used them, as soon as I bend over the fabric was literally so stretched out that it turned sheer... you could count the hairs on my arse from behind. When I said it was tight, I wasn't kidding.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have not used them, as soon as I bend over the fabric was literally so stretched out that it turned sheer... you could count the hairs on my arse from behind. When I said it was tight, I wasn't kidding.
Please I would rather not! That does sound a bit too snug though, I ride XL Neo Powers and I am 5'11". 235lbs with large quads and glutes if that helps size wise. If you are looking to unload them I would be curious to try them. Are they Size Xl or L?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I just got the LG Original Europcar bibs and the fit very well in a size large for me also.
They seem to be great bibs so far. They have the Coldblack treatment also.
I have had my LG Equipe bibs for a few months and like them a lot so far.
I also have the Craft Elite Body Control, Sugoi RS and RSE, Voler, P.I.
for my 6'1" 175pnds size large the Craft and LG fit the best and I also like the shape and feel of the pads so far.
The Sugoi are also VERY good but for me the shape or something of the pad is not quite as good.
I want to try upper end LG or Giordana also.
I ride all year round. 30-120 miles or so a day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.