Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
$4000 bike - two bit legs
Joined
·
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be in Louisville (or nearby) the end of March. My wife and I are taking a weekend at the Foxhollow Spa in Crestwood....off HWY 329 then onto rte 1694.

While my wife is in the spa on Saturday, April 1st, I plan to be riding my bike. I am looking for either: local riders to join or some route suggestions.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,627 Posts
PaulCL said:
I will be in Louisville (or nearby) the end of March. My wife and I are taking a weekend at the Foxhollow Spa in Crestwood....off HWY 329 then onto rte 1694.

While my wife is in the spa on Saturday, April 1st, I plan to be riding my bike. I am looking for either: local riders to join or some route suggestions.

Thanks
Paul, I live just up river from Louisville (7 miles), over in Indiana, if you are interested maybe we could hook up for a ride.

Luke
 

·
$4000 bike - two bit legs
Joined
·
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good

lousylegs said:
Paul, I live just up river from Louisville (7 miles), over in Indiana, if you are interested maybe we could hook up for a ride.

Luke
I'll email you when the date get closer. How about a double century?? Just kidding. I've only ridden a total of 50 miles year to date, though I have been running 3-4x per week. I'm planning on ramping up the cycling miles starting this Friday (if the weather holds). FYI: I live in N. KY just across the river from Cincinnati.

What's the terrain like in the area?? I'm guessing kind of hilly since we would be riding in/out of the Ohio River valley.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,627 Posts
PaulCL said:
I'll email you when the date get closer. How about a double century?? Just kidding. I've only ridden a total of 50 miles year to date, though I have been running 3-4x per week. I'm planning on ramping up the cycling miles starting this Friday (if the weather holds). FYI: I live in N. KY just across the river from Cincinnati.

What's the terrain like in the area?? I'm guessing kind of hilly since we would be riding in/out of the Ohio River valley.
Well, either really hilly, like coming down into Covington or sort of rolling.

Luke
 

·
$4000 bike - two bit legs
Joined
·
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sent an email

mike502 said:
The Louisville Bicycle Club has a 30 and a 50 mile ride on April 1st. The ride would leave from Irquois Park at 8am. Leave me an email if you need directions. [email protected].
Like I said in the email...a 8am start may be a tough sell with the wife. I'll work on it. I would probably have to get up at 6:30am to eat, prepare, and drive to get to an 8am start. That wouldn't sit well with the Mrs. on our "relaxing" "just the two of us" weekend. I would have to miss the 'B&B's breakfast. That would bug me - losing a shot at all those yummy carbs pre-ride. What I do while she's in the spa from 9-4 isn't a problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
The Louisville Bicycle Club ( www.louisvillebicycleclub.org ) is one of the oldest continuously operating clubs in the country. Founded in 1897. We run rides on almost every day of the year, though late March that is not guaranteed. Check out the website under the heading of Touring, within the month of March. That will provide you with start times, distances and the ride captain.

And if you go to a local bookstore, one of our members, Joe Ward, has written a book about a lot of great local rides, with photos, cue sheets and history lessons. You can tuck the book in your pocket, ride and learn about our city.

A very popular place for cyclists to ride is Cherokee Park, just east of downtown. It connects to Seneca Park, where serious cyclists ride round and round the loop surrounding the softball and field hockey fields. The Cherokee Park roads roll along Beargrass Creek and go up and down the sides of the little valley. A good workout and right in the middle of town. A great place for a cup of coffee and lust for Felt bikes is the Cyclist's Cafe, towards town a couple hundred yards on Lexington Road from the intersection of Grinstead and Lexington Roads (at one corner of Cherokee Park). Riding along the river near downtown is also fun. Louisville is building new parks all along the riverfront and you ride near the site of two recent X-Games. We also have a River Walk which rolls eight miles along the river from downtown to Shawnee Park, though it could be a bit muddy if the river has been high enough to flood the walk. One other thought - the website may contain suggested ride routes.

Enjoy - and welcome to Louisville!
HerrWilli
 

·
$4000 bike - two bit legs
Joined
·
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Paging LousyLegs

Luke:

Mike502 and I are planning to meet Saturday morning the 1st for a ride. Any interest in joining us?? I'm hoping the weather holds. This 40 degree, windy, rainy stuff has got to stop. I think I'm up to 250 miles year to date. PM me if you're interested.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top