Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on my first ride today of the year (and a little longer too actually since I last rode in December something) and wanted to debut the Lounge kit in this part of the world.

To my dismay, the bibs didn't fit well at all. I tried em on without going commando of course, just in case.

Boy was I surprised to find the legs pretty darned short. That's fine in a way but I thought it was super weird that the grippers didn't even fit around my thighs at all. While I don't have thunder thighs, I've never had such loose leggings on any pair of spandex material before.

Is Voler's sizing as such with the bibs? Or, did I unluckily get a very loose fitting pair?

Just wondering if anyone else had such issue with the bibs.

Thanks.

//Oh and, what would you suggest to make em fit so I could wear em? No way I can bulk up that much for sure just in case anyone was gonna suggest that.

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
Wear pants underneath em

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
estone2 said:
Wear pants underneath em
Get stabbed in the liverz and have them grilled and served to Irishmen.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
Voler's bib/short sizing is for people with massive thighs. Unless you have lots of mass on your lower-half, odds are the grippers are going to be rather loose, therefore order smaller. Short of hiring a tailor to try something, I'd suggest looking for a swap with someone.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Room 1201 said:
Voler's bib/short sizing is for people with massive thighs. Unless you have lots of mass on your lower-half, odds are the grippers are going to be rather loose, therefore order smaller. Short of hiring a tailor to try something, I'd suggest looking for a swap with someone.
Really? So everyone save for Thor, Boonen, and a few others will have trouble with em? (normal cyclist bodies in general)

Sonofa...

I already ordered small just because I was afraid it might be loose, any smaller, it'd be women's length (heck, they already are only about midway on my thigh now).

Looks like a tailor's my only option I suppose.

Thanks for the info.

So much for the debut of my kit (attempted that is) in the Far ends of the world.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Voler fits me fine, albeit a bit long. I am not Boonen.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kram said:
Voler fits me fine, albeit a bit long. I am not Boonen.
Well, my thighs are rather normal sized and I recall splitting the seams of some Nike bibs I tried previously too (and running tights as well, short ones of course) a little bit.

But these are just waaay to big for me. Like, yeah.

I'm just afraid the tailor may eff it up. That's my apprehension now.

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
uzziefly said:
I'm just afraid the tailor may eff it up. That's my apprehension now.
So either you have effed up bibs that dont fit... or effed up bibs... wheres the downside?

//Ive only put my kit on once :(

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BentChainring said:
So either you have effed up bibs that dont fit... or effed up bibs... wheres the downside?

//Ive only put my kit on once :(
Hot damn, you're actually right. Golly! :wink:

I'll take it to a recommended tailor tomorrow I guess and wear it for my ride after maybe.

I hope the pockets can hold my cell. Seem kinda shallow. I've dropped one cellphone that way before but was lucky enough to recover it.

·
Train to Nowhere
697 Posts
i found the same thing with mine, however, i did a 5 mile 1400' climb and when i stopped at the top the leg grippers fit fine. i was actually impressed with the fit, being a castelli man.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
norton55 said:
i found the same thing with mine, however, i did a 5 mile 1400' climb and when i stopped at the top the leg grippers fit fine. i was actually impressed with the fit, being a castelli man.
Are you saying that your legs also have the ability to 'get bigger'?

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
I wear Voler quite a bit. I tend to have to buy a size smaller than usual. Same with Canari, another California cycling clothing company.

·
trying to HTFU...
1,875 Posts
No problems with mine, they seemed true-to-size for me; i wear medium
in virtually everything, de soto, pearl izumi, descente, nike. the legs
are a bit snug at the bottom, but i like that. when shorts/bibs are fitting
loosely, i know it's time for new bibs.

if your legs aren't fitting super-snug, then maybe it's time for some hill repeats?

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
I LOVE the way they fit me legs. They fit my legs better than any pair of bibs I've ever had. they're a little longer than I'd choose, personally, but other than that they're fantastic.

joe

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
wash in hot and put them in the dryer on high.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.