Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
$4000 bike - two bit legs
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whaddadummy I am. I have duathlon on Sunday. I ran my fastest 4 mile time yesterday evening - so I'm ready for the race. But this morning, I try to carry 3 laundry baskets down the steps to the laundry room. Couldn't see, so I slipped on the last step. Twisted ankle. It's not bad. No real pain...just discomfort and twinges of pain. My wife (an MD) hasn't had a chance to look at it yet but she's warned me to plan on sleeping in on Sunday. Damn. My only hope is rest, elevation, advil and that I didn't do any damage but just slightly strained the ligaments a little. I'm now at two hours after the slip and no swelling. I am so pi**ed at myself.

Better now than 5 weeks from now when I'm supposed to leave for Colorado.

Why didn't I just make two trips with the laundry baskets...why????

·
Still waiting......
1,322 Posts
Sorry

That stinks. Hope you heal quickly. Maybe best to skip the race and heal up for the trip.

What are you coming to Colorado for? I'm up in Fort Collins, if you're up this way let me know, I'd be happy to show you around.

Rest, ice, advil, elevate, but you already knew that. Get well, hope it's not serious.

·
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Btc

godot said:
That stinks. Hope you heal quickly. Maybe best to skip the race and heal up for the trip.

What are you coming to Colorado for? I'm up in Fort Collins, if you're up this way let me know, I'd be happy to show you around.

Rest, ice, advil, elevate, but you already knew that. Get well, hope it's not serious.
Bike Tour of Colorado starting June 24th. If I have any doubt as the the 'health' of my ankle, I will skip the race. The trip to colorado is more important.....

·
Still waiting......
1,322 Posts
Btc

The BTC route looks awesome. Beautiful corner of the state. Get well, have a great ride.

PaulCL said:
Bike Tour of Colorado starting June 24th. If I have any doubt as the the 'health' of my ankle, I will skip the race. The trip to colorado is more important.....

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
PaulCL said:
Whaddadummy I am. I have duathlon on Sunday. I ran my fastest 4 mile time yesterday evening - so I'm ready for the race. But this morning, I try to carry 3 laundry baskets down the steps to the laundry room. Couldn't see, so I slipped on the last step. Twisted ankle. It's not bad. No real pain...just discomfort and twinges of pain. My wife (an MD) hasn't had a chance to look at it yet but she's warned me to plan on sleeping in on Sunday. Damn. My only hope is rest, elevation, advil and that I didn't do any damage but just slightly strained the ligaments a little. I'm now at two hours after the slip and no swelling. I am so pi**ed at myself.

Better now than 5 weeks from now when I'm supposed to leave for Colorado.

Why didn't I just make two trips with the laundry baskets...why????
I was on a trail run almost THREE weeks ago and rolled my ankle so badly, it swelled up like a grapefruit.

STILL hobbling.
STILL have swelling
STILL not working out

Grrrrrrr.

M

·
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not that bad

MShaw said:
I was on a trail run almost THREE weeks ago and rolled my ankle so badly, it swelled up like a grapefruit.

STILL hobbling.
STILL have swelling
STILL not working out

Grrrrrrr.

M
No swelling
Little bit of hobbling

...but no race. I don't want to jeopardize my summer of cycling by being bullheaded and racing tomorrow. I was giving it until today to make a decision. When I woke up this morning, the first thing I did was move the ankle. There was pain...not much, but definite pain. Race canceled. There will be other races...but I only have two good ankles. I don't want to try the race and be down to one good ankle.

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
PaulCL said:
No swelling
Little bit of hobbling

...but no race. I don't want to jeopardize my summer of cycling by being bullheaded and racing tomorrow. I was giving it until today to make a decision. When I woke up this morning, the first thing I did was move the ankle. There was pain...not much, but definite pain. Race canceled. There will be other races...but I only have two good ankles. I don't want to try the race and be down to one good ankle.
yeah, well... I went up to Bay to Breakers this weekend...

Walked around all weekend and now I have more pain (but in a different spot) than I did BEFORE I went! GRRRRR..

At least I didn't have TOO bad a hangover on Sunday!

M

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.