Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Edge
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need just a 28 tooth cog (or 27 if no 28 can be found). I don't need the whole cassette, just the cog. Looking for a good low price and fast shipping. I need it in less than 3 weeks.

·
Registered
676 Posts
You might try this......

niteschaos said:
I need just a 28 tooth cog (or 27 if no 28 can be found). I don't need the whole cassette, just the cog. Looking for a good low price and fast shipping. I need it in less than 3 weeks.
The whole cassette is <$28....or call your LBS .
http://www.comparisonpricing.com/bikesource.htm
A single cog may cost $15 and add $8 for S/H ......may as well get the whole group :confused:

·
The Edge
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I'm thinking about, but I don't care about the weight of the cassette. Increasing my overall mass by even a 100g wouldnt make a real difference when I'm going up the mountain with man and machine at 95kg.

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
Very intelligent thinking. If it isn't rotating weight it isn't critical. Most people carry more up a mountain in their spare tire pouch and water bottle than the difference between Dura-Ace and Ultegra cassettes. The XTR cassette even matches the color of Dura-Ace in the grey, so nobody else will be the wiser to boot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.