Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Glue Sniffer
4,598 Posts
Funny. That's a question that pops up insanely frequently over on the MTBR Women's Lounge.

Seeing as I don't have a "real" roadbike, and have instead lugged my much loved Crosscheck around on all my road rides, it's interesting to see the parallels in WSD discussion/controversy between the MTB and roadie worlds.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
catzilla said:
Funny. That's a question that pops up insanely frequently over on the MTBR Women's Lounge.

Seeing as I don't have a "real" roadbike, and have instead lugged my much loved Crosscheck around on all my road rides, it's interesting to see the parallels in WSD discussion/controversy between the MTB and roadie worlds.
I'm confused. Are you talking about WSD bikes, or boobies?

·
Glue Sniffer
4,598 Posts
Creakyknees said:
I'm confused. Are you talking about WSD bikes, or boobies?
Dude. I'm a chick. Which means I don't talk about boobies.

Unless I'm in a chick on chick ticklefight. Or comparing bras in a locker room. Or both.

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
catzilla said:

do you have any suggestions? not about boobies

·
Anti-Hero
10,343 Posts
I copy and paste the same answer every time I see a question about WSD bikes

"I wish that manufacturers would just come up with a unisex name for WSD-style geometry since not ALL women are built to fit it. Likewise, there are probably some men out there that could benefit from it, though you aren't gonna catch them on something branded as "women's specific".

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Andrea138 said:
I copy and paste the same answer every time I see a question about WSD bikes

"I wish that manufacturers would just come up with a unisex name for WSD-style geometry since not ALL women are built to fit it. Likewise, there are probably some men out there that could benefit from it, though you aren't gonna catch them on something branded as "women's specific".
This is more about jersey fit. any suggestions?

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
Andrea138 said:
there are probably some men out there that could benefit from it, though you aren't gonna catch them on something branded as "women's specific".
Not so fast there...

·
Glue Sniffer
4,598 Posts
teh moreon said:
This is more about jersey fit. any suggestions?
Wait. Now I'm confused. Which either means I'm looking at something shiny, or I'm missing something.

I didn't see anything about jerseys in the other thread.

As fer jerseys though, I go against the norm. I frickin' hate them. Hate.

Unless it's cool and they're wool. For hot summers, I'm all about cotton t-shirts. While t-shirts are conveniently cheap and available in lots of colors, mostly I think it's cause I don't sweat an adequate amount, so sweat wicking jerseys make me feel like a foil wrapped potato.

·
Sharp
1,695 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts