Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· For president!
7,851 Posts
CarbonFrame said:
First, do most of you know what your LT and AT are and do you use them in training? Second, how did you learn what your thresholds are?
I don't 'train' anymore, but I had used maximum sustainable HR. I knew where it would be give or take a few beats, then went out and did a 30 minute test. Took my average HR from the last 20 minutes, subtracted 2-3 and called it done.

I based all my training on them. Even with just a HR monitor and perceived exertion, you can do fairly steady short intervals with an end HR goal. IE, 2 minutes at VO2max would generally leave me around 183-4 at the end.

90% is knowing your body, the zones are just numbers to represent what you can already feel in your legs.

Silas

· Administrator
13,151 Posts
CarbonFrame said:
First, do most of you know what your LT and AT are and do you use them in training? Second, how did you learn what your thresholds are?
Yes and yes.

Two powertaps, and now my SRM in conjuntion with Cyclingpeaks software and reading a bunch of coaching and cycling performance books.

:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.