Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
On your left!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone buy this bike before I beg steal or borrow to buy it myself.

Just over a week ago in a thread I asked what bike you wanted but did not have. I said, Motorola Merckx.

Just now I see that Lten has posted the exact bike of my desires. Alas, my wife and I vowed to pay off bills this year, no purchases.

That means my 5500, my Y-Foil, my Litespeed, my Q-Roo, my Bianchi, my Specialized and my Tsumani will have to do me.

Pain, agony, please someone put me out of this strife and tell me that $950.00 is too much to full fill the desires of my eye and the lust of my flesh. Please help me!!

J, make him stop, I can't work from gazing at the downloaded pictures....

·
On your left!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone know how much I could get for a fully functioning kidney?

Can I still be competive if I sell my liver? Do any of you need snow shovelling, car washing.

Could I have an RBR Bake sale????

·
Registered
154 Posts
Buy, he says with a wicked laugh. Buy now!

A mere $950 for something you obviously desire so needfully ... buy it. The wife will approve. And if she doesn't approve, I'm sure she will eventually forgive. I've got a cannibal orange mx leader in my sights and my trigger finger is squeezing ever so slightly.

racerx said:
Oh man, I have got to get back to work...

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,465 Posts
Just so you know, they ride REALLY NICE.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Just trying to be helpful. He,he. A friend of mine has one. Sweet. What's another 1k?

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
I tell my wife

racerx said:
Someone buy this bike before I beg steal or borrow to buy it myself.

Just over a week ago in a thread I asked what bike you wanted but did not have. I said, Motorola Merckx.

Just now I see that Lten has posted the exact bike of my desires. Alas, my wife and I vowed to pay off bills this year, no purchases.

That means my 5500, my Y-Foil, my Litespeed, my Q-Roo, my Bianchi, my Specialized and my Tsumani will have to do me.

Pain, agony, please someone put me out of this strife and tell me that $950.00 is too much to full fill the desires of my eye and the lust of my flesh. Please help me!!

J, make him stop, I can't work from gazing at the downloaded pictures....

When I really want something, I buy it and explain to my wife that I'll sell off old /bikes/stuff to pay for it. I've been using this method for a couple of years and it works great. It does put pressure on you because you have to decide what you're going to sell to pay for it. Just after X-mas, a LOOK frame box appreared at my front door and my wife just shook her head and asked "how longs it going to take to pay me back?". In 30 days I sold two frames and some components and paid her(us) back all the money.

By using the above method, you not buying a new bike, you're just replacing one ;)

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,465 Posts
At least it's only rain there.

It's been snowing (that's OK by me) and sleet and freezing rain (not OK) here. Not a very productive month I expect. :(

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
totally out of my control, but

if it helps any, i'd hold out for a motorola caloi/merckx with one of the riders' names on it. da-rool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.