Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used the RBR classifieds through the years with great success. I've found it an easy way to sell things and to find great deals on things I wanted. I still wear a cycling jersey I found on these ads from way back in 2001!

However, I'm finding more and more weird messages about the things I post. Right now, I have my cannondale on the complete bike listing for sale. I've received 5 or 6 inquires, but really no one showing any interest. I believe I have the sale price right, and I'm negotiable. I did respond to a couple of inquiries with a smart aleck remark, as I figured they were just nigerian arms dealers trying to scam me. I was mistaken :eek: . So, I figure those potential sales are not going to happen.

What kind of success have any of the rest of you had? FYI, you can look at my ad if you like...

http://classifieds.roadbikereview.com/showproduct.php?product=13618&cat=3

·
I didn't even own a cat..
594 Posts
If I were taller, I'd consider the bike. I have bought a bike and a jacket without any issue. I think by paying to sell stuff it keeps people honest (at least here). It could be that people like it but aren't willing to pull the trigger.

·
yup
2,726 Posts
I have had good luck purchasing. I am getting ready to try selling a few things here next week. Your name looks familiar... did I buy a zipp stem from you last year??

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nah, no Zipp stems from me. I've sold a pair of Keo pedals, some shoes a couple years back, another road bike, and I've bought a road bike, some tires, Tifosi shades, other stuff through the years....

It could all just be a symptom of the economic conditions, as well. I've watched a handful of things on Ebay lately, either go for much less than I expected them to, or not sell at all. I am close to pulling the trigger on a Scott CR1, but I need to sell this bike to clear up a little capital, if you know what I mean...We cash-basis folks have to learn to live more modestly :aureola: .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts