Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Nice helmet.. hard to watch the video though, a lot of static bursts while you are talking. Not my laptops or phones (seems to happen in chrome, firefox on macbook and windows laptops, and my iphone).

·
Neophyte
2,190 Posts
Facebook keeps advertising that thing to me and all I can think is "Greetings, Programs!"

Too lazy to look it up, what kind of batteries and how long does a charge last?

Edit: I looked it up. "Recharge with the included magnetic charging USB cable. If you use Lumos for 30 minutes every day, each charge will last about a week."

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Went back and forth on buying one. I know I'd never use the turn signal things, as that just seems more tedious than simply pointing to the left or right, but I do like the lighting things since I already put a small light on the back of my helmet for visibility.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Facebook keeps advertising that thing to me and all I can think is "Greetings, Programs!"

Too lazy to look it up, what kind of batteries and how long does a charge last?

Edit: I looked it up. "Recharge with the included magnetic charging USB cable. If you use Lumos for 30 minutes every day, each charge will last about a week."
Yeah i think the box states 7 continous hours on the low setting or 3.5 hours on the high setting. Recharge time is approx 2 hours.

I think that will be great for spring and summer.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went back and forth on buying one. I know I'd never use the turn signal things, as that just seems more tedious than simply pointing to the left or right, but I do like the lighting things since I already put a small light on the back of my helmet for visibility.
The helmet is blte enabled, and you can control some features through your phone. You can also see how much battery is remaining is in the app.

The remote is kind of cool, there is an additional mount that has blip style push buttons. I think next time my carbon bike is in the shop for maintence i am going to have them wrap them into the handlebars.

Also in the remote there is an accelerometer that as your braking the helmet will become more illuminated.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Pretty cool. Thanks.

How much was it, if you don't mind saying?

And welcome back.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pretty cool. Thanks.

How much was it, if you don't mind saying?

And welcome back.
I bought in at the 150 dollar price fix.

I think now the price is about 179. Still not a fully finished product there working out some kinks. I think functionality will be slightly different on final final product.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And how much does it weigh? Looks like it blocks too much air to be considered Texas-compatible.
Weight wise it was on par with my old helmet. Granted it is not as light as my kask mojito. I am ok with that as this will only be worn for night time riding and starting in spring since i just got a new job i will wear it for commuting.

Air flow wise i don't think it will be a problem. Its a typical cut. I am probally going to different a video of it this weekend.

·
Bill Dobie
83 Posts
I think that as an attention getter it is great. Something to let motorists know you are there day or night. Like my blinky light on steroids. I have serious doubts that any motorist would know that the blinkers are actually blinkers so I definately would not recommend relying on them getting the message that you might be about to turn.

·
Done
4,509 Posts
Interesting, but I can't see the functions being very useful for myself, except maybe the "brakelight" feature.

- For nighttime commuting I have a regular light and tail-light and reflective gear. Granted, more light is always better, but...

- The turn signal? Arm signals get it done better, I think, rather than futzing with a button on my handlebar. And I wouldn't want to rely on a driver correctly interpreting what all of the blinking lights mean... Again, arm signals are universally understood.

- And I will say that it certainly looks....festive. All of those lights. If I had one I would be riding around saying to myself "I'm a little Christmas tree!" and humming "Oh Tannenbaum." Perfect for the holidays.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There is a lot of lighting on the helmet. The front lighting on the helmet i thing will be enough to read your garmin or cue sheet.

the front has downward and forward lighting.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
I'm a fan of having more lights on a bike, day or night, and the helmet certainly nails that. Weighing in right at 1lb, it's pretty heavy though. Think I will stick with lighter options.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts