Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My new job has me in Cupertino during the daytime and I'd like to start doing a lunch time ride in the area. I usually have about 1 hour for lunch.

Any recommendations for a route in Cupertino/De Anza/Stevens Creek that I can do within an hour?

-L

PS> Recommendations for mountain bike rides in the area are appreciated also. Something that can be done within an hour.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Depending on where you are, you could go over to Stevens Canyon road and ride up & over Mt Eden Road and back along DeAnza or Stelling (better). Or up Stevens Canyon to Redwood Gulch to Highway 9 and back. Both have good climbs in the route.

There's a couple of different option by going up Stevens Canyon - might take more than an hour but you could time it for an out & back.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I agree with Derek. From that intersection you gave as a starting point (Apple by the way?), it would take you almost 15 minutes to get anywhere interesting toward the west and off the city streets.

Try the ride up to the Fremont Older parking lot on the end of Prospect road. Another similar climb would be Regnart Road up to Fremont Older entrance, maybe a 10% grade. To its highest point, it's a 600 ft elevation climb in 1.5 miles from Bubb Road. Quite a challenge with some 15-20% grades, which most people would need a triple crank to get up.

For a street loop, I'd do Stevens Creek west to Foothill. Foothill N to Homestead, Homestead E to DeAnza and back. All bike lane and you can stop by Chain Reaction Bikes at the half way point.

glenk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts