Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,996 Posts
Just time trialing for aerodynamics, or during a race in bad weather to keep all of the mud off of your shoes.

They don't really do anything to keep your feet warm. Either toe covers, booties, or wool socks for that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Im thinking of wearing them all the time for aerodynamics. Strange how aero is so important but it doesn't matter at all for road racing :p. Seriously though people pay heaps for a set of aero wheels, helmet, skinsuit for a TT and they dont wear a $10 pair of overshoes in road race? what the hell!

Its a well known fact aero is much more important than weight thats why I am studying up on that soloist :D

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
Rule #263........If you can't break the hour in a 40K, you just look silly when you wear lycra shoe covers.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
MR_GRUMPY said:
Rule #263........If you can't break the hour in a 40K, you just look silly when you wear lycra shoe covers.
Once again you're taking the role of grand arbiter or who gets what equipment. Puting aside for the moment, that shoe covers save the slower rider more time, as far as I'm concerned, any experienced time trialer who isn't wearing shoe covers looks pretty stupid to me. Since shoe covers are almost free speed, I'd put not wearing shoe covers up there with missing your start as smart time trial strategy, and that goes for any level of ability.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.