Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
is riding in MOPP4
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a bunch of Lynskey frames (mostly R240 and R350s) on eBay with starting bids of $99. I've monitored 2 frames in my size that ended up selling for less than $700. Lynskey is selling the R240 frame on their official site for $2100 and it seems like the sellers on eBay are Lynskey themselves. Anyone here buy one of their frames on eBay (seller is lynskeyperformance) recently? $700 shipping included with full lifetime warranty seems too good to be true.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
I can't directly answer your question but I CAN ask this-do the eBay frames come with a factory warranty? Remember; if they're not sold by an authorized dealer, you may not be eligible for a warranty.

And remember the old saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."'

However, if you have $700 to gamble with, take a chance...

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
There are a bunch of Lynskey frames (mostly R240 and R350s) on eBay with starting bids of $99. I've monitored 2 frames in my size that ended up selling for less than $700. Lynskey is selling the R240 frame on their official site for $2100 and it seems like the sellers on eBay are Lynskey themselves. Anyone here buy one of their frames on eBay (seller is lynskeyperformance) recently? $700 shipping included with full lifetime warranty seems too good to be true.
Yes. I bought a R240 back in August for $700 (the minimum bid at the time). I can't explain why they are dumping inventory but these are first quality frames as far as I can tell. The ebay seller is the actual Lynskey, not some 3rd party seller. I am completely happy with my purchase. I was able to register it for the lifetime warranty after purchase

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Bicycle fork

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yup, I bought one from them half a year a go. They come with factory warranty and are sold by the factory themselves. I had inquired directly with Lynskey before I had bid and confirmed it was directly from them which will carry the factory warranty. They will usually email you about upgrades once you've won the bid to see if you want to change the finish on the frame. Shipping was also very fast as well.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I bought the R240 about 6 months ago and dealt direct with Lynskey for fork( Enve because Lynskey was not in stock) and headset---they even installed the crown race for me and added the extras to my initial purchase. No problem registering my Warranty either.
If one comes up in your size for a model you want, I would have no problem bidding. If you have questions about the auctions, call them as they are really nice people to do business with.

·
is riding in MOPP4
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I just picked up an R240 frame for $660 + $49 shipping. Says it comes with a full lifetime warranty. At these prices, why not?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I purchased three in the last few weeks. You can check out the prior sold listings if you want an idea on what they are going for. You can't beat titanium made in America frames. Now to just find a buyer for my extra kidney!

·
Matnlely Dregaend
4,933 Posts
Lynskey is just flooding the market, their ebay listings are now selling for below $500. They must have a crazy cheap supply of Ti tubes to make money at that sell price. I wonder how low they're willing to go?

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,955 Posts
Lynskey is just flooding the market, their ebay listings are now selling for below $500. They must have a crazy cheap supply of Ti tubes to make money at that sell price. I wonder how low they're willing to go?
Just their road-spaced or MTB framesets only....eyeing moving on building a gravel bike (40mm tire clearance minimum and with disk brakes)....and well, disappointed.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Just their road-spaced or MTB framesets only....eyeing moving on building a gravel bike (40mm tire clearance minimum and with disk brakes)....and well, disappointed.
I have been waiting for another Medium non-disc Sportive to come up again. Nothing. I might just do the R150 (wanted the eyelets for rack and fenders but with conventional brakes and only the Sportive does that) since that was my number 2.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts