Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the midst of so many ABG warranty fiascos, both on this forum and others that I've seen, I just had to give Lynskey a little publicity for their warranty service.

The paint on the head tube badge on my 2009 R330 is starting to peel very slightly. I emailed them and the next day I received an email telling me a new badge was on the way.

David

·
Registered
72 Posts
armybikerider said:
In the midst of so many ABG warranty fiascos, both on this forum and others that I've seen, I just had to give Lynskey a little publicity for their warranty service.

The paint on the head tube badge on my 2009 R330 is starting to peel very slightly. I emailed them and the next day I received an email telling me a new badge was on the way.

David
Lynskeys top notch customer service is the reason why I recently placed an order for a Lynskey Cooper, cant wait! A large part of the satisfaction and enjoyment of owning a bike is knowing that its backed by great customer service! Talking to them on the phone shows how passionate they are about their product.

·
Slow but not so steady
598 Posts
I had made up my mind to buy a steel frameset from a USA builder. I obtained some prices I thought were a little high. I then traded emails with Lynskey and then phone calls to confirm that I wasn't going to buy a Lynskey. Next thing I know, I had a Lynskey Cooper shipped to my house and have no regrets. They returned email and answered my stupid questions with class.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
acckids said:
I had made up my mind to buy a steel frameset from a USA builder. I obtained some prices I thought were a little high. I then traded emails with Lynskey and then phone calls to confirm that I wasn't going to buy a Lynskey. Next thing I know, I had a Lynskey Cooper shipped to my house and have no regrets. They returned email and answered my stupid questions with class.
I own a Lynskey and convinced my daughter to buy a Lynskey. Unfortunately, they never responded to her emails after she took position of the frame. She just had some questions on stem size and angle. Needless to say, both she and I were very disappointed. I know Lynskey can do better than that. Was it because she is a female?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ditto on great customer service. I bought a Cooper CX and had a ton of questions. Jack K. was super helpful. They even cut me a deal on the shipping and frame finish.

I was very happy with the fit and finish, even at their economy Cooper level. Frame assembled into bike with no tolerance issues.

I had additional questions as I built the frame up. No problem with post-sale customer service either.

I doubt they failed to reply to a customer because they are female. Any evidence of gender bias other than a wild a$$ guess?

My next frame will be from Pride Cycles however.

·
What it is
705 Posts
The southeast US has been hit pretty hard by snow storms the last few days. I would bet that the Chattanooga area is not ready for the kind of weather they have been seeing.

Lynskey responded pretty quickly to a question that I had about an old Litespeed custom build that I bought.

·
Registered
12 Posts
onlineflyer said:
I own a Lynskey and convinced my daughter to buy a Lynskey. Unfortunately, they never responded to her emails after she took position of the frame. She just had some questions on stem size and angle. Needless to say, both she and I were very disappointed. I know Lynskey can do better than that. Was it because she is a female?
onlineflyer,

I am very sorry to hear you had a question go un-answered. I can assure you gender had nothing to do with it, its not the norm but it may have simply "fallen through the cracks". Send me a PM with her name and I can pull the records up in our database and do my best to answer her question.

Mike V @ Lynskey

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
18usc371 said:
My next frame will be from Pride Cycles however.
seriously?? well, good luck with that -- you're a brave man.

·
Registered
180 Posts
JustTooBig said:
seriously?? well, good luck with that -- you're a brave man.
I just looked at the Pride Cycles site and it brought back fond memories of GT Bicycles "Tripple Triangle" design of years past. (Pre Pacific Bicycle Corp. days)

As with all small builders customer service and turn around time is the key to success. No one wants to lay down their hard earned cash for a bike or frame then wait months to get it.

Check out the intimate apparel, you have to love a company what will plaster their logo on the front of your underwear.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
this is what I like

scruffy mike said:
onlineflyer,

I am very sorry to hear you had a question go un-answered. I can assure you gender had nothing to do with it, its not the norm but it may have simply "fallen through the cracks". Send me a PM with her name and I can pull the records up in our database and do my best to answer her question.

Mike V @ Lynskey

a customer has an issue, posts it, a staffer sees it and is on it

awesome, give Mike a bonus

·
Registered
180 Posts
After reading the thread on Pride Cycles and the problems people have had with custom orders I would have to say I wouldn't buy anything more than the thong for my girl friend from Pride. To bad it doesn't say "Pride" "Made in the USA".

I will stand by my original observation and memories of the GT triple triangle frame. I'd love to find an older Zaskar titanium frame to build up as a single speed commuter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
not thrilled with Lynskey's warranty policy

It seems I need to contact my attorney to even discuss Lynskey's honoring of their warranty.I purchased a helix o/s frameset in 2011,I bought an sram red group and Zipp 404 firecrest from my LBS.The price was much better locally.I raced it in 2011 without any problems.When I was changing tire this spring I noticed the non-drive chainstay has a notch actually rubbed into it.I changed to dura ace wheels and finished out the season.Just a few weeks I emailed a picture to a Lynskey salesman who informed me it should not be a problem .He also said for 2013 they has changed frame design to allow for 25c tires and wider rims.All I said was I would contact my cycling lawyer friend and ask him if I was being unreasonable about my complaint.They will not even discuss my problem,anymore.It seems when a customer mentions a lawyer their policy is to stop communicating.I could have bought the same wheels from Lynskey and was never informed there was a wheel or tire restriction when I bought the frame.I would never ever buy another Lynskey.I will let my attorney handle my problem.I f you think of doing business with Lynskey,think again

·
Not a rocket surgeon.
9,402 Posts
It seems I need to contact my attorney to even discuss Lynskey's honoring of their warranty.I purchased a helix o/s frameset in 2011,I bought an sram red group and Zipp 404 firecrest from my LBS.The price was much better locally.I raced it in 2011 without any problems.When I was changing tire this spring I noticed the non-drive chainstay has a notch actually rubbed into it.I changed to dura ace wheels and finished out the season.Just a few weeks I emailed a picture to a Lynskey salesman who informed me it should not be a problem .He also said for 2013 they has changed frame design to allow for 25c tires and wider rims.All I said was I would contact my cycling lawyer friend and ask him if I was being unreasonable about my complaint.They will not even discuss my problem,anymore.It seems when a customer mentions a lawyer their policy is to stop communicating.I could have bought the same wheels from Lynskey and was never informed there was a wheel or tire restriction when I bought the frame.I would never ever buy another Lynskey.I will let my attorney handle my problem.I f you think of doing business with Lynskey,think again
Blah, BLAH, BLAH.

YOU AND YOUR attorney. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Why would you even mention bringing an attorney into the discussion when they said it shouldn't be a problem. At that point, anyone would be reluctant to respond, especially in writing.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Of course they are going to stop communicating through normal channels. You just told them that for all intents and purposes, you were contacting a lawyer about the situation you are in to see if you have and actionable case, under the guise of " asking your cycling lawyer friend if you were being unreasonable".

How did you expect them to respond after you subtly threatened them with legal action?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts