Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done some searches, but pretty much come up empty. This coming winter I'd like to get some sort of wattage meter, but would prefer to keep my new macbook pro "all-mac". Is there any training software or a way to download powertap, etc. data into Excel? I'd almost prefer to crunch my own numbers.

· Registered
150 Posts
Virtual PC doesn't work on the Macbooks, however Parallel has a potentially better solution that is currently free. You might want to look at iSmartTrain it supports Polar HRMs + others it runs native so it may be an option. Worst comes to worst you can run alway run Bootcamp. Good luck

· Registered
3,083 Posts
GarbanzoBeanSnafu said:
I've done some searches, but pretty much come up empty. This coming winter I'd like to get some sort of wattage meter, but would prefer to keep my new macbook pro "all-mac". Is there any training software or a way to download powertap, etc. data into Excel? I'd almost prefer to crunch my own numbers.
Or just go find a PIII machine at a yardsale for $50 and load it up with cyclingpeaks. That's really the most efficient way to go.

· Registered
139 Posts
but Parallel's software does not support any USB devices...yet. it's been promised in the final release and will be sweet when it does. Currently I'm downloading my Powertap files from an old Mac via Virtual PC and then transferring the wko files to my new intel iMac and using Cycling peaks within Parallels VM software.

· Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man, sounds like my best bet is to install bootcamp and run whatever my power meter/etc comes with...

2nd computer, $$
VPC, SLOW on an intel chip

Thanks for all the input, everyone!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.