Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
imbasilical moreon
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, this is about Old School Macs,
it's a long shot, but here goes:

I bought a external SCSI CD rom drive [Apple CD300] and an external SCSI 1.44m floppy drive [AEHD+] for my Mac Plus. I also bought a Cd that has like 600 games on it AND (this is key) the drivers for both of the drives are on the CD :(

I need to get the drivers off the CD and onto 800k floppies so I can load them into the Mac Plus (it has a hard drive) ......... been to the old school mac forums, but nobody wants to help :confused:

So.... does anyone have the capability to do this for me?

Thx,
JJ

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
bonkmiester said:
Ok, this is about Old School Macs,
it's a long shot, but here goes:

I bought a external SCSI CD rom drive [Apple CD300] and an external SCSI 1.44m floppy drive [AEHD+] for my Mac Plus. I also bought a Cd that has like 600 games on it AND (this is key) the drivers for both of the drives are on the CD :(

I need to get the drivers off the CD and onto 800m floppies so I can load them into the Mac Plus (it has a hard drive) ......... been to the old school mac forums, but nobody wants to help :confused:

So.... does anyone have the capability to do this for me?

Thx,
JJ
Did you search online for the drivers? Might be easier than trying to find someone with both a CD and that old antiquated floppy drive.

·
imbasilical moreon
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes ........

searched on-line for hours and got alot of dead ends ....
but only on-line with PCs anyway :mad: ..... the Mac Plus isn't online (that's another challenge) .....

someone with older Mac could do this, and / or might have the drivers already ......

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
bonkmiester said:
yes ........

searched on-line for hours and got alot of dead ends ....
but only on-line with PCs anyway :mad: ..... the Mac Plus isn't online (that's another challenge) .....

someone with older Mac could do this, and / or might have the drivers already ......

Once I get thru this week I might be able to help. I have an old 7200 in a box somewhere that I could hook up to the network and if you emailed the drivers I could put those on a floppy.....if I could find any.........this of course assumes that the 7200 will still boot up....

as for a work around in your situation, ???, other than the obvious

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wow...it's been a long time since I've touched a Mac...but, is the CD formatted PC or Mac? If it's PC, I think you can copy the drivers to a floppy on a PC, then still read the floppy/copy the files on the Mac. You might be able to select a 720k format on the PC in the format options. Of course, like I said, it's been years, and I don't know what I'm talking about.

·
Banned
7,890 Posts
remy said:
Wow...it's been a long time since I've touched a Mac...but, is the CD formatted PC or Mac? If it's PC, I think you can copy the drivers to a floppy on a PC, then still read the floppy/copy the files on the Mac. You might be able to select a 720k format on the PC in the format options. Of course, like I said, it's been years, and I don't know what I'm talking about.
i doubt an old mac would be PC formatted. why can't you download the drivers from the cd on the old mac thru the external cd player you've bought?

·
Banned
7,890 Posts
colker1 said:
i doubt an old mac would be PC formatted. why can't you download the drivers from the cd on the old mac thru the external cd player you've bought?
btw.. will that machine power the new drivers? am i looking at a classic? those were very small machines..

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
colker1 said:
no SCSI port on those old machines....

·
imbasilical moreon
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
colker1>i doubt an old mac would be PC formatted. ...correct

colker1>why can't you download the drivers from the cd on the old mac thru the external cd player you've bought? ... because i don't have the drivers for it on an 800 floppy, OR the hard drive, the drivers are on the CD, which is dumb :eek:

·
imbasilical moreon
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
.... because that would take absolutely zero imagination, and besides, the slot is too small, curls up the edges of the paper ....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts