Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Glad I wasn't the only one. In the end, the heat and wind just killed me. I left the 5th rest area fairly well wiped already and by the time I hit the far northern point of the course I was dead -- only to turn back south into the wind. From there to the Erin Elementary stop I don't think that I went higher than my second lowest gear. I sat in the shade at Erin hills, felt a little cramping coming on, looked at the radar on my cell phone, and listened to my concerned wife who had been at the stop to cheer me on and decided to call it quits there knowing the hills that were coming. 72 miles completed my day.

Turned out to be good. They started pulling people from the course because of the weather. I would have been pulled before finishing anyway. Had I pressed on with the suffering, I would have been pissed! Oh well, next year calls . . .

· Registered
5 Posts
vboy19 said:
you guys remember that section that was in the back farm roads.. those hills were horrible and the wind was impossible.
Amen to that. I just remember there was a part up there that looked flat but that was just killing me. Looking at the Garmin afterwards, I saw that it wasn't flat!

Oh well, next year calls . . .

· Registered
5 Posts
vboy19 said:
Ya i bl Did you guys see lance's Live strong Bike? He parked two cars down from where we were standing.. It looks sick.
You mean this one?

They auctioned it off at the Century Club Dinner on Friday. Trek designed it as a one-of-a-kind for Lance to ride on Saturday. The winning bid was like $20,000. A SWEET ride! :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.