Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
154 Posts
I was at the trek 100. The first half of the morning was some great riding the wind was low and we covered some good distance. by noon we were at the 50 mile marker. My legs really started to kick in between 50-60 miles point and i was leading my small riding buddies by almost a mile and a half. But then around 70 miles everything went to crap. you guys remember that section that was in the back farm roads.. those hills were horrible and the wind was impossible. I didn't have anyone to draft off of or help me through it, so i spent most of my time on my own because i was pretty much dropped by the guys i rode with (nothing against them they are just way more seasoned than I am). By 80 miles i had a small panic attack thinking i wasn't going to make it and the hill just kept getting worse. Some how i pulled my self together and finished the race just before they stopped everyone from riding as the weather turned sevre (Sp??). I'm really glad i got to the ride, it was alot of fun and i will do it next year.. Hopefully no wind :)

· Registered
154 Posts
Ya i blew through the first 50... I think the wind was just mind blowing. I was like "i'm never doing that again" but i'm down for it again. It was a great experience. I saw some guy with a 6.9 Astana Painted madone.. I was jealouse :). that's what i love about these rides check out all the cool bikes out there. Did you guys see lance's Live strong Bike? He parked two cars down from where we were standing.. It looks sick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.