Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Who's on here from Madison, WI? Group rides? Community?

I'm looking to meet up with some folks, go for long-ish rides, get to know some nice bike-ways in the area, and some good conversation.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I don't currently live in Madison, but did spend a couple of years there for grad school. There is a very active cycling community and is a "bike-friendly" city. Amazing place, consistently ranks among the top places to live in the US. I miss Madison a lot. I'm sure others will chime in on the current situation as far as clubs and group rides go.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't currently live in Madison, but did spend a couple of years there for grad school. There is a very active cycling community and is a "bike-friendly" city. Amazing place, consistently ranks among the top places to live in the US. I miss Madison a lot. I'm sure others will chime in on the current situation as far as clubs and group rides go.
Hi, thanks for the response and completely agree.
I'm in grad school as well, and really enjoying the city paths. I do have an itch to explore more road bike paths that are more scenic.

Check out Bombay Bicycle Club

If you are into racing check out the Tour of America's Dairyland series. Most races are in the Milwaukee area but that's not a long drive.
Thanks for the tip... will check out BBC!
I am pondering racing with a ten-foot pole. I appreciate the tip on that, however!

·
Registered
259 Posts
The Tour of America's Dairyland is an awesome, well run event. But probably not the place to introduce yourself to racing. There used to be weekly practice crits on Tuesday or Wednesday evenings at one of the area business parks. That would be a good starting point if you're interested in racing. Any of the local clubs should have info on that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts