Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,152 Posts
My buddy's dad had one that he stored monogrammed golf balls in from various outings he had played. I've thought about starting my own golf ball collection, since I've actually got quite a few monogrammed balls from various outings, but I don't have the wallspace.

No space on my walls to show my balls.

No wall space for ball space?

Balls to the walls? Not in this house.

Balls.

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
Would that be like a bike rider displaying their tires? :D
no.

more like signed cycling caps from races.

when i was a kid, i collected golf balls from different courses i played with the name/emblem of the course displayed on the opposite side of the ball label/number. and i traded them with my golfing buddies. or you can display signed balls from tourneys.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I am currently in negotiations with a guy on Craigslist to buy a bike I'm selling. He's "interested in the item" He's fine with the price of the item - asked me to send my PayPal address so he can pay for the item. He just asked for the final price. I changed from $3,200 to $33,000 and asked if he'd prefer I top of the tank with regular or premium fuel. "Regular fuel is good. Price is fine. Please send PayPal address and he'll have his shipper come pick up the item."

Craigslist never disappoints

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
People collect all kinds of junk. Collecting golf balls seems a bit tame really. If the guy has a bucket list of courses he wants to play in his life and collects a ball from each course and displays them as a reminder to himself, be a basis to tell stories, then all is good. I don't see it much different than displaying a photograph of him on the 18th hole of each course.

If you find this odd, then you are naive or young... most likely both. Do you have any keepsakes that remind you of a time, place, something you have done or accomplished? Then you are no different than a guy that collects golf balls. You just use a different medium.

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
hey, i stopped collecting golf balls and hit all my logo balls in the water. whaddya think of me selling my display case on craigs?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
People collect all kinds of junk. Collecting golf balls seems a bit tame really. If the guy has a bucket list of courses he wants to play in his life and collects a ball from each course and displays them as a reminder to himself, be a basis to tell stories, then all is good. I don't see it much different than displaying a photograph of him on the 18th hole of each course.

If you find this odd, then you are naive or young... most likely both. Do you have any keepsakes that remind you of a time, place, something you have done or accomplished? Then you are no different than a guy that collects golf balls. You just use a different medium.

Wow, neither young nor naive. Just pulling some chains, jeez this is the "Lounge" have a shot (tequila) will ya.

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,808 Posts
I go to LPGA tournaments and ask the ladies to sign my balls but they never do. Thats why I'm selling my display case.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.