Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 836 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story BUT....

Ordered my first one in July and it was delivered in 2 weeks and 2 days. I had it for 3 hours before I was hit by a car and it was totaled (yep, I'm ok, thanks for asking - she took the hit for me!)

Ordered the 2nd one 30 days ago from today and it's still not here...... Everything I've been reading online said that they've been arriving in much less time than promised. My shop is trying to get Trek to tell us where it is - any thoughts? I know it's almost Ibike time and I'm guessing I'm on the back burner.

btw, both of these paint jobs were "signature series" and the website says "build time 30 days." I'm anxious for 2 reasons - first I have a 2 day charity event next week that I would like to have it for and second, it's almost October so my new expensive bike will sit in the garage all winter in favor of skiing and snowshoeing.

Thanks for the input :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
With the signature series taking 30 days. It will probably take 6 weeks due to the fact they are business days, and that is the time it takes to ship it. so depending on your location it could be an additional 2 or 3 days on top of that. But it might be here sooner because that is a rough estimate. Your shops computer should have an accurate date on the project one they used.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered a 5.5 on the 15th, just got a call this morning that the bike was ready to be picked up. I ordered the standard black/red/white paint scheme. When building online it said 30 days but the LBS said it should take much less, they were correct.

·
Registered
12 Posts
2 Weeks

I ordered it on the 4th of September and it was ready to ride at the LBS on the 17th. That time also included the Labor Day holiday. My frame is the standard white/black/yellow.

--Rob

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hope it's not as long as they say it's gonna be... I just ordered my project one 6.9 signature series paint job w/SRAM red and XXX-lite wheels yesterday, Friday, 10/9. P1 website says 45+ days... sure hope not.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Not looking good....my '08 was just totaled in a "vehicle encounter" and I'm looking at ordering a 6 series with the Solid-Outline custom paint option. I was hoping for 3-4 weeks max to be down.....

Here's to optimism. Order going in on Tuesday (LBS is closed Sun-Mon).

·
Registered
129 Posts
My order went in on the 5th of October. Build time was 30+, 5.5 with signature black/black paint and sram force. I also work at the shop I ordered it from so it may be completed a day earlier because I am building it.

I will let you know.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just received my 5.5 Madone today. I ordered it on the 5th so it took only 25 days from order date. The estimated time was 45 days. I have named it the Vader Bike.

Here are some unboxing picture which many of you probably won't see if you don't work in a shop. Sorry they are crappy iphone pictures. I will post better ones later.

16.71lbs no pedals or bottle cages.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Trek rep is placing my order Monday morning.
And the waiting starts. (Nov 1)

Any guess on weight? (This is the stock 6.9 w/SRAM less the expensive wheels....)

Bike is actually slightly different on the Canadian dexDealer website,
Could be that the public project1 site isnt updated with new 2010 product (some).

45+ days.
Oh Joy.

Size 58 Pro Fit
I am:
6"2, 34"inseam

1 - 20 of 836 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.