Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This evening I found a bike with a big "free" sign on it sitting by a road near my home. I pulled over and took a look. The derailleurs had the magic "C" word on them, so I brought it home. :thumbsup:

I'm curious about the frame, though. The brand appears to be "Magnet" and the model "Sprint". Frame also bears the words "Made in Holland." Neither the search feature of this forum, nor google, have turned up anything on the brand, so I thought I'd see if anybody knows anything.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Magneet with two E's, yeah.:blush2: :rolleyes:
That explains a thing or two...

Thanks for the bump in the right direction. :)

Components turned out to be Valentino Extra. Not the greatest group ever, but the price was right, and they're in flawless condition.

· Registered
11,555 Posts
Why does this never happen to me? All I ever see on the side of the road or in yard sales are Huffy "Scorchers" or AMF "Roadmasters." :mad:

My wife's on to me. Every time we drive past a yard sale, she turns to me and says "there was a bike sitting there, Calnogo, Colgani, something like that on the frame . . ." I don't even tap the brakes any more . . :D :D

· Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
wim said:
Why does this never happen to me? All I ever see on the side of the road or in yard sales are Huffy "Scorchers" or AMF "Roadmasters." :mad:

My wife's on to me. Every time we drive past a yard sale, she turns to me and says "there was a bike sitting there, Calnogo, Colgani, something like that on the frame . . ." I don't even tap the brakes any more . . :D :D
My parents are always on the lookout for me at garage sales / thrift stores. Their filter was a bit too loose, so I was getting calls asking if I wanted all sorts of junk. Now they know that they should call about anything with a Reynolds or Columbus sticker on it...and anything with either of the two Magic C's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.