Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Climber
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, here's the skinny...

Running a Mavic Wintech computer with the skewer receiver. Also, running Easton wheels. On the Eastons, the hub design puts the spokes pretty far out there and there is VERY tight clearance between the receiver and the spokes. My question...what magnet can I use that is going to be ultra slim and works with non-bladed spokes. Right now I'm using Mavic's magnet but it is designed for bladed spokes and is not all that secure on the spoke as it is. Any ideas? Links would be appreciated as well.

·
Fly on a windshield
1,272 Posts
bmax119 said:
Alright, here's the skinny...

Running a Mavic Wintech computer with the skewer receiver. Also, running Easton wheels. On the Eastons, the hub design puts the spokes pretty far out there and there is VERY tight clearance between the receiver and the spokes. My question...what magnet can I use that is going to be ultra slim and works with non-bladed spokes. Right now I'm using Mavic's magnet but it is designed for bladed spokes and is not all that secure on the spoke as it is. Any ideas? Links would be appreciated as well.
I have the exact same computer as you.
The receiver is pretty far from the spokes therefore I have to stick the two loose magnets that came in the package onto the Mavic magnet in order to get the required 5mm or less distance between magnet and receiver as per specs. On my Neuvation wheels I put the Mavic magnet on the spokes and used electrical tape to make sure it wouldn't come off.
On my Mavic Ksyrium ES wheels I don't have that problem (since they're bladed).
My other problem is, when I run my old magnet from my Shimano Flight deck system the sensor doesn't pick it up no matter how close I get it. Any ideas why?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.