Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that I have my new road bike I am riding what I, a noob, consider to be a lot (weather permitting). I probably average 16 miles every time I take it out, which currently is about 2-4 times a week. Is there any maintenance (checking tire pressure, etc.) I should be doing after each ride? :confused: After each week of riding? :confused: Thanks for your help :thumbsup: and sorry if this is a repost.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Most certainly check your tire pressure 2 to 3 times a week depending on how much you ride. Before I get on the bike, I give my wheels a spin to see if the brakes are rubbing, then apply the brake to make sure that the cam on brake isn't open. Before I get off my block, I'll move up and down couple of gears on the cassette to make sure the rear derailleur is responding properly and pop on and off the big chain ring to make sure the front derailleur is responding properly.

After ride I'll look at the bike to see how much dirt or road grit has collected and wipe that off. Depending on the weather, and how long since it’s been since I cleaned my bike; I may put my bike on the work stand that night and give it a thorough cleaning and lube chain, brakes and derailleurs. At some point, depending how much of a hurry I’m in, I’ll inspect the tires for debris. That may be pre-ride, post ride, during a cleaning or after I get a flat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.