Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to take the plunge and shave my legs. But, I see a lot of riders with shaved legs that are pasty white. My arms tan fine but I'm worried my legs will look pasty white without hair. Anyone (guys) go tanning? I feel a little demasculated as it is with my decision to shave my legs lol. Is there any additional irritation to the skin from tanning?

· Registered
197 Posts
If your arms tan, then your legs will tan. Be sure to wear sunscreen! :thumbsup:

Don't worry so much about these trivial things. Chances are that the other people you ride with don't even notice.

Just ride!:D

· Master debator.
8,850 Posts
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Jergens-Natural-Glow-Daily-For-Medium-Skin-Tones-Moisturizer-7.5-fl-oz/10295438?wmlspartner=GPA&sourceid=44444444440271150692

I tried some, the girlfriend had a tube in the bathroom. It does help the tan, but beware, if you look closely it contains a tiny amount of glitter. Don't let your gym buddies notice and you'll be fine :D
I usually tan in a booth a few times before I expose myself to the summer sun. It's better to gradually tan then to get a nasty sunburn all at once. Best of all is to use sunblock, but being pasty white does look rather goofy.

· Master debator.
8,850 Posts
Oh yea, if you think you're being extreme, I know a guy who wears his arm and leg warmers into the tanning booth to try and make his tan match all over his body. That has got to be a sight.

· Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you people expect me to believe that nobody will notice then your crazy. Roadies have to be the most judgemental people on the planet. Think of how many times this forum has entire threads arguing back and forth over what jerseys to wear lol. Please people. I'm gonna tan. Even if it makes me eligible for Jersey Shore season 2. I'll just have to drive an hour away and keep it top secret!

· More carbon fiber please!
797 Posts
Who cares? If you're doing it only to feel like you're meeting the approval of others... egads. Do what YOU want to do. I could care less about the times that I may instead grab a loose-fitting mtb jersey to wear while on the road bike. And I only have one style of helmet I wear on both bikes... it's a mtb helmet. Ditto the mtb style saddle on both bikes too. If someone else doesn't like it, tough feces. :)

· Adorable Furry Hombre
32,567 Posts
tommyrhodes said:
If you people expect me to believe that nobody will notice then your crazy. Roadies have to be the most judgemental people on the planet. Think of how many times this forum has entire threads arguing back and forth over what jerseys to wear lol. Please people. I'm gonna tan. Even if it makes me eligible for Jersey Shore season 2. I'll just have to drive an hour away and keep it top secret!

Normals are strange.

Ride your damn bike.

You know how stupid Roadies look to everyday people on the street? Yea.

· Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you really just egads. I don't want my legs to be pasty because I think pasty legs are hideous. I honestly could not care less what's on your head when you ride with your mtb. I would not wear a mtb bike helmet on my road bike because not only does it look silly. (You may be ok with looking silly, but that does not change the fact that it looks silly) but its also inconvenient. I also do not wear a baseball helmet or beer helmet when I ride.

797 Posts
How is my mtb helmet inconvenient? Get real. It fits, it protects me, and I don't care if it has a visor. I guess I enjoy the ride more than worrying about pleasing others. Once you get to that point you might enjoy cycling for the right reasons! :thumbsup:

797 Posts
dysfunction said:
I'm still trying to figure out the inconvenience bit
I guess it worked okay for me on the way home from a ride today as I blew past a guy on his tri bike wearing a road helmet with my mtb helmet and loose-fitting mtb jersey, lol. Pretty convenient to me...

· ...?
1,481 Posts
been200mph said:
How is my mtb helmet inconvenient? Get real. It fits, it protects me, and I don't care if it has a visor.
I wear a MTB helmet on the road because I like having the visor, especially if its raining.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.