Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Making a move

392 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Geet 
#1 ·
It has been a long while since I have posted on this forum, but I will be doing so regularly again in a couple of months as my time in Ecuador is coming to a close. However, you will get treated to new images since i am not returning to Vancouver, BC... I'm moving to Monterey, CA to work for Light and Motion (bike light guys). Maybe i'll be able to get a few early morning/late night shots along the way.

After about 8 months, I can't tell you how much I am jonesing to get back on my bike and actually ride places.

Good to see a lot of familiar names still on the board, and the new ones, too...

-Damon

#2 ·
I guess this means I got to start posting pictures of Vancouver.

I have been meanig to, but my G3 is to clunky to carry around on the bike. The new Pentax compact waterproof camera looks good.

I hope you have a good time down in Montery. You know, with those mild, dry winters and all.

#3 ·
damon said:
It has been a long while since I have posted on this forum, but I will be doing so regularly again in a couple of months as my time in Ecuador is coming to a close. However, you will get treated to new images since i am not returning to Vancouver, BC... I'm moving to Monterey, CA to work for Light and Motion (bike light guys). Maybe i'll be able to get a few early morning/late night shots along the way.
You have to make sure and get some pictures when its dark so you can work in a little product placement. :p

I like my L&M Arc Li-ion a lot. I hope it is a good place to work.

#4 ·
Geet said:
I guess this means I got to start posting pictures of Vancouver.

I have been meanig to, but my G3 is to clunky to carry around on the bike. The new Pentax compact waterproof camera looks good.

I hope you have a good time down in Montery. You know, with those mild, dry winters and all.
Hey Geet! Nice to hear from you... it was fun meeting you at the critical mass ride (how long ago was that???). You will definitely have to post pictures of vancouver, just so i start to regret my decision and start missing canada again...

As far as the camera goes, I just use a little Canon Elf... nothing fancy, and certainly not to the caliber of these fancy folks here on the board, but it gets the job done.

The funny thing about monterey is that the summers are relatively cold. There is like a 10F degree change all year 'round :)

ciao, (or cheers, for you canadians)
-Damon

#5 ·
nate said:
I like my L&M Arc Li-ion a lot. I hope it is a good place to work.
Yeah, me too... Bikes are allowed in the building (old converted cannery) and the design loft hangs over the pacific ocean. The atmosphere is cool - i just hope reality gets close to imagination :)

I'll probably be asking questions to you fellow commuters on lighting stuff after i get my feet wet.

-Damon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.