Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone;

I currently own a Cervelo 2000 P3 and a 2007 P3. I truly love both bikes. I've been riding the 2000 since 2002 and have only been riding the 2007 since February of this year.

However, I've decided to make the switch from triathlons & time trials to road racing exclusively. I am selling both of the P3's and I am very interested in the Cervelo Soloist Team since the reviews I have read lead me to believe that the frame's aerodynamic qualities would be just what I wanted. Plus I can't afford the carbon frames. I'm interested in knowing how much of a difference there is in the carbon P3 versus the Soloist Team. Has anyone on the forum gone from a carbon P3 to a Soloist Team and can you comment about the differences in overall ride quality. Notwithstanding the beneifts of the P3's aero position, am I giving up a substantial amount of speed in switching to the Soloist Team?

Also, I'm 6'0" w/a 32" inseam. My 2007 P3 is a 56cm. If I go with the Soloist Team, I would prefer an agressive position. Am I better off w/a 54cm or 56cm frame ???

I would sincerely appreciate any feedback & input.

Regards,

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,955 Posts
If you want aggressive... you always size down.

Note: it might hurt.

Oh yeah one more thing. Make sure you get a seatpost with setback and a long stem then. Since you do have a short inseam for your height.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.