Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Often I will make up 2 days worth of bottles at at time, for that days ride and the next days. Scoop of HEED, about 3/4 filled with water, shaken not stirred, stuck in fridge. Then just before riding I'll fill them up with ice.

Any reason they can't be mixed up like this even a week in advance? I could do something like 5 days of bottles at the same time which would be easier than one at a time.

·
Registered
21,540 Posts
Try it

InfiniteLoop said:
Often I will make up 2 days worth of bottles at at time, for that days ride and the next days. Scoop of HEED, about 3/4 filled with water, shaken not stirred, stuck in fridge. Then just before riding I'll fill them up with ice.

Any reason they can't be mixed up like this even a week in advance? I could do something like 5 days of bottles at the same time which would be easier than one at a time.
Most likely you will be fine if you start with clean bottles. You would be willing to keep orange juice or Kool-Aid in the fridge for a week, yes? To be completely safe, put them in the freezer, but still probably OK in the fridge.

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
Some protein drinks and such recommend mixing right before use and warn against storing mixed for any length of time. I've been told not to mix Accelerade and store it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I found HEED can go bad in fridg. Even if it doesn't go bad there, I had it go bad within 2 hours of riding (I had another bottle just mixed and that one was fine), On the other hand my PowerBar Endurance Mix can last a little longer in fridg.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts