Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Unrepentant Mountainbiker
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this frame off of Ebay and it arrived last week. It took a bit of time to get everything put together the way we want it. I had to wait for a few parts to come in at my LBS before assembling the bike as shown. Most of the parts are from her old Giant, but I needed to get a new stem to get the fit right, and I wanted to get a carbon fiber seat post just because I thought that the weave would look really cool with the naked carbon fiber tubes.

She has already taken it for a ride, which is really impressive considering the high today was 27F, and she was really impressed. The bike is very responsive and lively. The ride is buttery smooth.

I have to admit that I am a bit jealous in some ways. This is one sweet looking bike.

Heres to seeing Mama out on the road more this summer!

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Nice.

Since Mama got a new scoot, it's only fair, then, that Papa-san get to buy himself something shiny and new.

·
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Papa san got a shiny new Tarmac last November. Which is what brought this new bike into the picture for Mama. But I did pick up nice pair of Louis Garneau shorts.

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
freezin_is_the_reason said:
Papa san got a shiny new Tarmac last November. Which is what brought this new bike into the picture for Mama. But I did pick up nice pair of Louis Garneau shorts.

You've got it all wrong. Any purchase you made for yourself prior to the purchase of Mama's scoot do not contribute to any balancing of the scales of justice. According to Hoyle's Rules of Equitable Marriage Behavior, whenever a wifeal spouse gets a gift or is allowed a significant purchase, the husbandal spouse is immediately granted the right to make a significant purchase of his own, of comparable magnitude to the wife's purchase/gift.

·
It's not TOO Cold!
2,498 Posts
alienator said:
You've got it all wrong. Any purchase you made for yourself prior to the purchase of Mama's scoot do not contribute to any balancing of the scales of justice. According to Hoyle's Rules of Equitable Marriage Behavior, whenever a wifeal spouse gets a gift or is allowed a significant purchase, the husbandal spouse is immediately granted the right to make a significant purchase of his own, of comparable magnitude to the wife's purchase/gift.

What alter universe do you live in :p

·
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alienator said:
So, by this train of thought, I could now justify the purchase of that Giant Trance that I was looking last weekend at the LBS:D I somehow don't think that will go over too well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts