Boobies!
8,172 Posts
Frak!

I've been outed.

Hookers and blow anyone?

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
looking at the indicated age bracket, I do not fit any longer....what am I?..... OMIL ?

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
looking at the indicated age bracket, I do not fit any longer....what am I?..... OMIL ?
I recently referred to myself as "middle-aged" and my daughter replied: "you are well beyond that." Ouch. :cryin: I guess that we are just crazy old men, even if we don't feel like it :)

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
I am middle aged! .....if I live to be 114

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
I am middle aged! .....if I live to be 114
My grandmother, who lived to be 94, referred to herself as being "middle aged" well into her 70s, when she reluctantly conceded that she was a "senior citizen" only so she could get discounts that she had refused to take for several years even though she was eligible for them. So, I am going to follow in Grandma S's footsteps and consider myself as being middle aged until at least I am in my 70s. Now, insofar as the senior citizen discounts are concerned, I am not sure that I will be as stubborn as my grandmother was.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
funny story about the senior discounts. About 5 or 6 years ago my daughter and i went out to eat and they automatically gave me the senior discount. The next morning I need to buy some lighter fluid for my zippo (use it to light the torch) and I got carded !

I may technically be past middle aged at 57 BUT I will test my mettle and stamina against 80% of the kids i run across.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
funny story about the senior discounts. About 5 or 6 years ago my daughter and i went out to eat and they automatically gave me the senior discount. The next morning I need to buy some lighter fluid for my zippo (use it to light the torch) and I got carded !

I may technically be past middle aged at 57 BUT I will test my mettle and stamina against 80% of the kids i run across.
Nonsense. Middle age falls between the ages of 45 an 65 so you've still got some time. Of course you will spend the rest of your life as middle aged as I continue to define the onset of middle age as seven years older than my current age. :wink5:

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
I think of middle age like this: hockey has 3 periods, so does life. Since life expectancy is about 75, anyone 26-50 is middle aged.

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
rogger said:
Nonsense. Middle age falls between the ages of 45 an 65 so you've still got some time. Of course you will spend the rest of your life as middle aged as I continue to define the onset of middle age as seven years older than my current age. :wink5:
This is a philosophy that I truly admire. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you!!!

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
Me too. I'm a GOMIL. Get off my lawn!

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
jevagirl said:
A laugh from BBC:
"the result can be seen on Saturday and Sunday mornings as middle-aged blokes polish the rear derailleur" Code?

·
p != b
2,303 Posts
I liked the bit in the article where they mentioned the bib shorts hiding a 36-inch waist.

I'm guessing plenty of US mamils would love to get down to a 36" waist...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.