Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· had it in the ear before
14,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a standard disco jersey and the girlfriend has the disco Giro champ pink jersey. She wants to wear them when we ride together. Now if I saw this I would fall off my bike laughing but it doesnt look like she is going to back down. Do I swallow my pride and give in to her or wear it over another jersey and strip the disco off after she's already out the door?

· You're Not the Boss of Me
7,749 Posts
Sorry, gay couples only are allowed to wear matchy-match cycling gear. NTTAWWT

But seriously, I guess it depends on your comfort level. I think it would be cute.

· Premium Member
21,853 Posts
We do it all the time.

In the summer we almost always wear matching plain white long sleeve sunblock jerseys. Most of the winter we wear matching bright yellow/green jackets.

However, if we ever by accident put on the same printed jerseys Miss M makes me go in and change.....

· Registered
198 Posts
gutfiddle said:
So I have a standard disco jersey and the girlfriend has the disco Giro champ pink jersey. She wants to wear them when we ride together. Now if I saw this I would fall off my bike laughing but it doesnt look like she is going to back down. Do I swallow my pride and give in to her or wear it over another jersey and strip the disco off after she's already out the door?
Be a man and decide for yourself. ;)

14,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
guess really the issue is i want to wear the pink one and she wont let me. I want to be the Giro champ dang it!

14,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya'll are right, I should be happy that she even rides w/ me and I am. so, if wearing matching jersey's means she rides more than so be it. I'll just stomp her ass in the climbs and leave her a couple miles back! maybe then she'll quit making me call her Paolo.

· Premium Member
15,996 Posts
1) It's pretty damned cool she wants to ride with ya, like they said.

2) I think it's cool. A husband and wife I often ride with often wear the same jersey and matching bibs. A lot of times, it's the exact same kit that I'M wearing!

... no, wait, that's because it's our team kit. :)

· Registered
192 Posts
gutfiddle said:
So I have a standard disco jersey and the girlfriend has the disco Giro champ pink jersey. She wants to wear them when we ride together.
That’s cute, you should appreciate her.

Do the matching couples thing, make it fun for her, and save the macho stuff for the guys ride.

:thumbsup:

14,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so we just came back from a 2hr ride along the river and all the hecklers must have been out of town cause we didnt here any snickerin'. Did pass another couple riding whom flashed big smiles and friendly waves, i think they were swingers.

She has been riding for a couple months and her fitness has improved so much, she is powering up hills she used to have to spin and I'm really proud of her. We stopped and had dinner half way and I had a couple Warsteiners, well it was her that dropped me, this time...

· Steaming piles of opinion
10,520 Posts
Get a tandem...

Then it's the law.

Until then, don't sweat it. You'll only get some sympathy, and some envy.

And if someone does get a laugh? Well, good on ya' for brightening their otherwise sad, shallow, miserable existence.

· Registered
288 Posts
I rode solo but wear matching pink ONCE TDF bibs and jersey. I have 2 sets. I got them when I bought a Giant Composite and that was their bike. I was a bit worried about the pink for a guy at first, now I love it. I'm visible, the quality of the materials is first class and I got great deals off ebay on the stuff. Sure I must look like a poser to some, but who cares (I don't at least).

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.