Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...hope this is not a sign of the response the new forum's going to get, because even the old one seemed marginal a lot of the time--where else are 'crossers gonna go?

·
cyclist
7,904 Posts
This is a very seasonal board...

...so the number of posts in here is not too surprising considering that 'cross season is pretty much over.

The Tour-Giro-Vuelta board is also very seasonal.

-g

The Walrus said:
...hope this is not a sign of the response the new forum's going to get, because even the old one seemed marginal a lot of the time--where else are 'crossers gonna go?

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a very seasonal board... True, but there's still a fairly strong amount of activity on the old 'cross board. I'll just think positively and assume that most of the 'crossers are cranky Luddites like me, who don't adapt well to change but will one day join us here.

·
Registered
165 Posts
this board seems more functional to me and is more like other boards i visit. i hope the content migrates here because i for one like it better.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
I think it is...

not a big fan of the new format. maybe it's just me but I liked the linear fashion of the old. oh well, better hop on board, no going back.

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
atpjunkie said:
not a big fan of the new format. maybe it's just me but I liked the linear fashion of the old. oh well, better hop on board, no going back.
I just looked at the old forums. Read only. We're stuck with this one now...

Mike

·
Registered
165 Posts
this might fix it...

if you want to see all the messages in the order they're posted with most recent at the bottom (regardless of what part of the thread the message is a part of), you can change the "Display Modes" to Linear Mode and that's what you'll get. The default seems to be Hybrid Mode where the threads are shown in a scrollable frame at the top and all the the threads are shown below that. The weird thing about this mode is that unless the most recent post is always a response to the last part of the thread, the most recent post is never at the bottom of the page.

is this what is bugging you?

one thing i like about this type of forum software is that it keeps track of the threads you've read in such a way that you can log onto the forum from a different computer and still see what's new and what's been read by you. this happens both at the top level view of all threads and in the thread detail view (as long as you're using hybrid or threaded mode).

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
yeah its like Im in somebody elses house..

ack! change bad. on a seperate note, anyone know what brake pads I can use, besides avids, to replace the ones on my avid shorty's? I just wiped the extraneous snow off my ride and noticed the rear pads are looking pretty svelte in a bad way.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Most people who change over to different pads seem to favor the salmon Kool Stops--I don't have any experience with 'em yet, and don't know about suitability in your climate.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I wish they posted about the new board on the old one

jnichols959 said:
this board seems more functional to me and is more like other boards i visit. i hope the content migrates here because i for one like it better.
Didn't even know this board existed until now. I set my favorites to jump directly to the old board.

A-Hawk

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Salmon PAds

I don't think they are made in Cartridge format. Avids run MTB style Cartridge Pads like the Pauls. I think he can use Shimano Cartridge Pads as well.

·
ex pro grad student
68 Posts
Change is BAD....

i need to change my favorites.... to go to this page.

see everyone here!!!!!

·
Banned
3,915 Posts
Well, I haven't been to the CX forum in a month or so, and I was surprised at the format change. But it's Ok - just a matter of getting used to.

Yeah - CX in my neck o' the woods (upstate NY) is kinda not happening right now. Hell, it's the dead of winter! :( Won't be too long and things will start to pick up again....

·
Registered
353 Posts
AJS said:
Yeah - CX in my neck o' the woods (upstate NY) is kinda not happening right now. Hell, it's the dead of winter! :( Won't be too long and things will start to pick up again....
I understand & share your pain. I'm north of NY state in La Belle Province of Quebec. I managed my last ride in the great outdoors between Christmas & New Year. Since then, tick-tock-tick-tock.....

·
Banned
3,915 Posts
Howdy neighbor!

Last time I rode was about a week ago when the temps got up to the mid 30's. I thought it was a heat wave!

But you had to be careful for the icy spots that still remain. I hate winter...:mad:

·
ex pro grad student
68 Posts
rode a week ago. BRRRR....

then double pinch flatted.

that was a cold walk out of the woods.... :)

luckily the dog was there to keep me company.

·
Registered
353 Posts
snwbdrhoon said:
rode a week ago. BRRRR....

then double pinch flatted.

that was a cold walk out of the woods.... :)

luckily the dog was there to keep me company.
I just want to start back to regular commuting with my rig. I wouldn't want to go into the woods here. The snow is too deep here & covers up all these nasty little things that should generally be avoided.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
winter

what's that? oh yea I have to wear long pants now. Southern Cal sucks...uh sort of.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts