Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure you are fairly familiar with my Lincoln Memorial and Reflecting Pool photographs.

The wonderful sense of majesty and quiet contemplation I get from the place.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
needs a kayak

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course I took all of those photographs around sunrise on my way to work :)mad2: :cryin: :yikes:) in the early morning.

Today thinking I would block out a few ideas I'm thinking about I swung by there a little later in the morning.

Seems I really hadn't missed much by going to work :)cryin: :mad2: :yikes:) so early. I like people and all but my oh my......

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Hey, time to switch to PJ photography! People here you come.

·
MORE MINIMALISM DANG IT!!
991 Posts
See where Lincoln's reflection is in the water? I have Ice Skated right there. Winter of 92/93.
/great photos MB1. simply great.

·
"El Bwana"
4,399 Posts
I took my kids and my mom on a nighttime tour four years ago. It was 10:30 at night and the place was packed! Thankfully for my mom we had her handicapped parking tag and were able to park close.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HOOKEM said:
See where Lincoln's reflection is in the water? I have Ice Skated right there. Winter of 92/93.....
Heck, I've ridden my bike there!

·
Done
4,509 Posts
DC has been VERY crowded this summer. More tourists = more tour busses. The commute home (even via bike) has been...interesting.

I was in rush hour traffic the other day (17th and Constitution) , and a young lady in a large sedan with Florida tags motioned to me. She rolled down her window.

"DO YOU KNOW HOW TO GET TO THE LINCOLN MEMORIAL?"

"Yes, it's (blah, blah, blah...)"

"IS THERE PARKING?"

I laughed and rode off. Lady, look around you at the sea of cars trying to leave the city. Parking!? WTF.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
weltyed said:
you should really try to get there when the cherries start to blossom...
BTDT;NT! :mad2:

Ah, Florida in the spring. :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
12,959 Posts
HokieRider said:
Welcome to DC!! Now stand to the right of the escalator, and get out of my way! :)
Ha, natives know the escalators are never working in the Metro. . . .

·
Registered
150 Posts
The one time I've been to DC was when the cherry blossoms were blooming. It was a total coincidence, too! They were beautiful. Those pictures are quite nice, but the bike pic is awesome!

·
All natural
367 Posts
PDex said:
I took my kids and my mom on a nighttime tour four years ago. It was 10:30 at night and the place was packed!
You should go after midnight some time - very cool. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BobH said:
You should go after midnight some time - very cool. :thumbsup:
A great time to be out but tough on a family with kids.......

1 - 20 of 20 Posts