Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Do you match your bars to the same stem manufacturer?

Looking at stems to get my final position, I really like the Deda Zero. The bike has Deda Big Piega bars currently mated to their Quattro stem. Thus the Deda Zeros basically keep it in family.

Being cost conscious though, the ITM stem is a 10 degree opposed to Deda's 8 degree and it saves $42. Yeah there are weight differences, about 60g. I seldom give much thought to...but since they list them, it makes me aware. The other is stem rise, it is minimal since the change by my rough calculations is a handful of mm and not critical in my overall comfort.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
428 Posts
My bar and stem only match in diameter...

I use a Thomson X2 120 stem flipped with a Ritchey WCS 42 Classic bend bar. Best combo I've experienced thus far. Plenty stiff and NOT heavy at all.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
Doesn't make any difference to me. I have Deda bars on both of my bikes. One has a Richie stem, the other has a TTT. For me, stems are somewhat hard to find. I need a 140.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
I used to have a Ritchey bar & stem. I kept the WCS stem, but went with a Bonty bar because I felt a little bunched on the bike. The new bar has a 92mm reach, instead of a 83mm reach.

·
Registered
681 Posts
The style meter maids would issue a citation for mismatched bar/stem. I use a BBB stem with PRO handlebars. I was experimenting with stem length and just bought the BBB on CL and have kept it ever since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.