Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Lets Go Hokies!!!
5,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't see another thread about this so I'll do it.

If anyone wants to participate this year, I've created a group on ESPN's Tournament Challenge site. The group is called The Lounge and the password is NTTAWWT. My only request is that there is only one bracket per person, just to keep things simple.

Just drop a line on here if you're gonna sign up.

Bring it on!

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
I only know UNC and erm, Vanderbilt and erm, UCLA and yeah. Oh USC.

Is this like a fantasy league?

I'll get soo pwned.... Think I'll pass.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
I think the Lakers can take 'em.

Heck, I think the Wizards can take 'em.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
if i remember, i'll sign up later today.

·
Pedal Master
2,511 Posts
I've been thinking about college hoops for a few years. Don't get me wrong, I dig it and all. However, all but about 5 games come down to the last 2 minutes when one team finally squeaks out a victory.

I hate that. I love blowouts with a truly defined victor. It also seems like we waste several weeks drooling over all these close games.

My suggestion: the entire tournament is played in ONE DAY consisting of fifty-eight 2 minute games. If it always boils down to two minutes, why pizz away the other 38 minutes? Just play our butt off for the best two minutes of your (non-wedding night) life.

Then CBS can roll footage on that atrocity they call "One Shining Moment" and we can conclude the day by puking as we reminisce about the acne laden youth who demonstrated "heart, courage, maturity and poise" before they go back to campus and start spiking party drinks with GHB.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
real stonie said:
I've been thinking about college hoops for a few years. Don't get me wrong, I dig it and all. However, all but about 5 games come down to the last 2 minutes when one team finally squeaks out a victory.

I hate that. I love blowouts with a truly defined victor. It also seems like we waste several weeks drooling over all these close games.

My suggestion: the entire tournament is played in ONE DAY consisting of fifty-eight 2 minute games. If it always boils down to two minutes, why pizz away the other 38 minutes? Just play our butt off for the best two minutes of your (non-wedding night) life.

Then CBS can roll footage on that atrocity they call "One Shining Moment" and we can conclude the day by puking as we reminisce about the acne laden youth who demonstrated "heart, courage, maturity and poise" before they go back to campus and start spiking party drinks with GHB.
why do you hate college cheerleaders?

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
real stonie said:

You clearly don't understand what you are watching.:p

The problem with your premmise, is there are too many examples of teams coming back from large deficits, or underdogs hanging on while favorites try to come back. Of the 32 games that will be played Thursday & Friday, at least 10 of them will be packed with drama that will build and build as the game goes on. Another 10 will be blowouts and the remainder will be workmanlike wins. But those 10 will be magic.

Can you tell I love college BBall?

len

·
Lets Go Hokies!!!
5,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Len you should have watched the last half of VT's season. It seems like every game came down to the bitter end. Most ended with a 1-5 pt difference between winner & loser. Unfortunately, we were the loser a few too many time. NIT here we come!

·
Super Moderator
40,847 Posts
HokieRider said:
Len you should have watched the last half of VT's season. It seems like every game came down to the bitter end. Most ended with a 1-5 pt difference between winner & loser. Unfortunately, we were the loser a few too many time. NIT here we come!
At least you guys have the NIT; we UC Bearcats fans thought we were on top of the world when we took Hugg's Mountaineers. Within seventy-two hours, we'd played our way into, and back out of, the NCAA. Successive losses to Big East bottom feeders South Florida and Seton Hall, capped by a tournament loss to DePaul in the opening round, shut the door on any postseason play.

Life in the Big East sure is hard.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
All the pretenders will be gone by Friday evening......including some of the overrated schools from the big confrences and at least 1/2 of the "mid-majors" that claim they should get more bids.

But..there will be at least 1 team that shows you that david can slay goliath...........

Len

·
Lets Go Hokies!!!
5,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Most of the time I could give a crap about basketball. I thoroughly dislike the NBA and when I was in college, VT was in the A-10 and sucked. But since joining the ACC, things have really turned around, and its become very exciting. I still prefer a football or hockey game, but college ball is fun to watch when you care who wins.

I have a few upsets in my bracket. I'm excited to see which will actually happen.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Basketball to me is about as thrilling as golf, or hockey, or Nascar, or beach volleyball, or baseball, or badminton wait badminton is funnerer, or a probowlertour.

Gimme people crunching eachother on a football field or pounding the snot out of a [email protected] mountain on a snowboard or skis, or a titanic effort on Col d'Lizouard and I'm a happy girl.

Why do I hate America?

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.