Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If everything works out the way I think it will, this bike is not much longer for this world. That'll probably be a few months, though. In the meantime, due to little demand, some pictures.

Front end first.

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sexy in the middle

The slightly more colorful midsection.

MB1 and LenJ might remember the cranks from the slightly more bohemian Peugeot. That ride was a few years ago, though. Had a gold ano chainring on that sucker, too. Eventually, it had some bright yellow fenders.

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rear is the dirtiest

I don't ever clean the bike, except for the chain, but even that doesn't too long.

Also have a shot of the whole bike.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
OverStuffed said:
If everything works out the way I think it will, this bike is not much longer for this world. That'll probably be a few months, though. In the meantime, due to little demand, some pictures.

Front end first.
Great pics of a great bike..IRO hubs laced to Sun CR18 rims is a great combination. I'm running that combo on my Bike Friday( 451 size not 700), and it's bullet proof.....

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Great looking bike. I'm totally jealous! :p

joe

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dave Hickey said:
Great pics of a great bike..IRO hubs laced to Sun CR18 rims is a great combination. I'm running that combo on my Bike Friday( 451 size not 700), and it's bullet proof.....
Indeed. Hand built by a master wheel builder in the DC area. I was going to do it myself, but when I went to the shop to pick up the hub, rim and hand-cut spokes, they were all in one piece. I just need to build a rear wheel to match, now.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
That Peugeot was outstanding.

OverStuffed said:
MB1 and LenJ might remember the cranks from the slightly more bohemian Peugeot. That ride was a few years ago, though.
I'll have to see if I can dig up a photo somewhere.

At the time Miss M didn't understand about home made fixtes (likely she still doesn't (she likes to ride bikes not think about them)). She could never quite figure out what the deal was with that bike and why you were riding it, I told her it was a "Dumpster Diver Special."

She didn't know what that was either.

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MB1 said:
I'll have to see if I can dig up a photo somewhere.

At the time Miss M didn't understand about home made fixtes (likely she still doesn't (she likes to ride bikes not think about them)). She could never quite figure out what the deal was with that bike and why you were riding it, I told her it was a "Dumpster Diver Special."

She didn't know what that was either.
I stopped riding it when I got the Gunnar (year and a half ago?), then resurrected it to do my courier work on last year. I finally had enough of strange sizes and odd mechanicals, and replaced it with the IRO. Not that anything was wrong with it, I just thought it had bad juju by that time.

·
any time, any where
50 Posts
Brake Lever

Is that a shim under the brake lever clamp? I have the same bar, a Cane Creek Crosstop lever and the 26mm Stoker bar. I had to get the 31.8 clamp lever and ended up shimming it with a beer cans. Yours looks much cleaner and secure. Who makes it and where can I get one?

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
'Tis the shim that came with the lever. It's a two piece shim, and I haven't had any problems with it. Ask around at a local shop, see if they have any left over from someone else's build. If nothing else, I think you can get them from Salsa. Not entirely sure, though.

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yah. That was my lunch break a couple weeks ago. Now my lunch break is spent riding between College Park and downtown. Sometimes I can do it fast enough to eat. I spent another hour that day looking for jumps, stairs and drops to ride around College Park. Urban fixie free-ride, man.

·
Tabachoy Boy
20 Posts
Props. Jumping around is challenging enough on a fixie, couple that with high pressure slicks and it's just silly fun. There are so many great spots to goof off on campus, including Hornbake and around South Campus dining hall.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts