Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Master debator.
8,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to step away from the computer for a while. Her and I went and lay in the back of my truck, and stared at the moon through the trees and Mars. The bed of my truck ended up being perfect, versus the patio. No bugs followed us, and the sides blocked any ambient light sources.
We live in the country, no neighbors for some distance. The house ain't the most extravagant, but I can step out my door and whiz and no one can see :D The dogs hopped in there with us, and we all relaxed and just watched the sky for some time. I saw one meteor(ite), many airplanes, a satellite, and identified some constellations.
Add to that a light drink or two, and it was a nice way to relax from the usual.
It's still not too late to go outside and view the sky folks :)

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
nOOky said:
Decided to step away from the computer for a while. Her and I went and lay in the back of my truck, and stared at the moon through the trees and Mars. The bed of my truck ended up being perfect, versus the patio. No bugs followed us, and the sides blocked any ambient light sources.
We live in the country, no neighbors for some distance. The house ain't the most extravagant, but I can step out my door and whiz and no one can see :D The dogs hopped in there with us, and we all relaxed and just watched the sky for some time. I saw one meteor(ite), many airplanes, a satellite, and identified some constellations.
Add to that a light drink or two, and it was a nice way to relax from the usual.
It's still not too late to go outside and view the sky folks :)
It's just after noon here and cloudy so yea, it is too late. Or too early. Or...it doesn't matter because it's cloudy.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I imagine it's cloudy there most of the time... if not clouds, then haze...

It gets amazingly dark here on Guam. Sure, there are plenty of lights, but get away from them it's dark dark dark. I suppose the fact that there are no big cities within 1,500 miles of here means there is zero ambient light in the night sky.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
masterofblah said:
I imagine it's cloudy there most of the time... if not clouds, then haze...
I saw the moon the other night coming home form the airport. It was the 3rd moon I'd seen in 2 years.

I was pondering the other day what a stunning thing it must be for someone who grew up in China to finally see the sky after never knowing what's overhead.

I can only imagine how splendid it is where you are. I've seen it in the backcountry USA but even that I imagine is compromised.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts