Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently gotten back into cycling after a 10+ year hiatus. I'm looking to upgrade my bike in the next year or so and am just looking around right now. I really like the cannondale synapse, but today another LBS showed me the Masi line. He explained that it is part of Haro (BMX) family and was originally built in Italy. Looking at the bikes in the store and on their web site they look good. But, I was wondering what others thought? Is anyone riding a Masi? Thanks.

· Registered
563 Posts
You will find at this particular point in time that unless you're purchasing a custom frame, whatever you buy from an LBS is all manufactured possibly in the same factory in a chinese/taiwanese factory. Ok so there's a few exceptions but the frame quality will be on par with just about anything else out there. What you're paying for is the brand name and the components attached to that frame. With that said, MASI is a great value and they still make great bikes even if they're no longer made in Italy.

· Registered
474 Posts
I like the Masi bikes I've seen and rode the Speciale Commuter for a couple of hours. If they just sold that frame I'd probably get one and gear it out for tours but I don't need another single-speed commuter.

Anyway, I think they are a good value line of bikes even if old man Masi isn't building them!

· Registered
1,350 Posts
Alx said:
MASI is a great value and they still make great bikes even if they're no longer made in Italy.
Local shop carries them and I think they are pretty nice, especially for the price. I'm kind of a build your own or custom frame guy now, but I'd consider buying one if I were to go with a pre-built bike.

· Third Coast Colnago
363 Posts
I've been riding a Masi Nouva Strada '06 that with came with Shimano 105 group, carbon forks and seat post. I recently upgraded the wheelset and love the ride. I put 100-120 miles a week on in the spring and fall and 160-170 in the summer. It's been a great bike, I haven't had any problems. You get a lot of bike for the money.

Lance Armstrong must have been impressed by the Masi line becasue he chose to sell them in his new shop in Austin, TX.

http://www.masibikes.com/history.php

http://www.mellowjohnnys.com/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.